Header

Header

Thursday, November 20, 2008

New Grip

So, we all have heard that little saying: get a grip on (insert whatever here). Emmy decided to do just that. Of course, her grip comes in the shape of: Ben's hand, Ben's shirt, my hair (thank you for pulling out the split ends), Ben's sweatshirt strings, my fingers, Ben's fingers, her blanket, her pacifier, and my chapstick. It is so cute to see her achieve that little milestone. We love to watch her tiny little hands grasp whatever it is that she wants to touch. It is especially touching when she grabs our shirts and pulls us closer. If you look closely at the picture of Ben sleeping with her in the previous post, you will see her doing just that. Before I say good-bye, a video of when Emmy started to become more coordinated with her hand movements (or at least more aware) needs to be posted. She is our darling angel.
Well, I can't really say good-bye without at least another lengthy discourse. As I have watched our little girl grow, from that first night in the hospital when Ben just adoringly watched as she took in her new world, to her new awareness of little things, like grasping, my love has intensified for her and for being a mother. I often ask myself how could we have started a family while we are both going to school, trying to make ends meet? Then, I look at our beautiful little sparkinly, blue eyed girl and realized that I could never ask for anything better. Even though we live in an apartment that has spiders (trust me, I hate spiders, maybe I will discuss my hatred a little later as it is rather long), I will never regret the decision we made to bring our daughter into the world now. I think that most of you would have to agree, she brightens up every room she is in. I love her and look forward to watching her grow into a beautiful, intelligent adult. I thank God everyday that I have been blessed to be a parent.

3 comments:

Eli and Christine Turner said...

Emily looks so big in the latest pictures. I didn't think it possible for her to get any cuter but she manages to get cuter and cuter in every picture I see.

Munson Family said...

I love when they pull your face closer,and they are trying to suck on your face.Emily just needs to slow down,and stop growing up to fast.

Benson Family said...

What a beautiful, sweet family you have! We love and miss you !!!