Header

Header

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Let The Games Begin

So, Ben and I decided that we did not like our diet. We needed to cut out the junk. We have started a new page that includes whole wheat noodles, brown rice, and no sugar. This does not mean no dessert, just a different kind of dessert: fruit. What is in our shopping cart at Wal-Mart (forgive us, we are college students with a baby)?

-Sugar-free yogurt
-Pero
-Milk
-Cottage Cheese
-Crackers
-Frozen Berries
-And many many other things. I was just trying to achieve the Pavlovian effect.

Plus, I took a page from a dear family friend (thanks Kris!) and bought some nice yellow gloves. This allows me to clean my dishes at a scathing temperature without burning myself (plus it keeps my hands clean for when the Girl needs me), thus allowing for sanitation (note: we have no dishwasher).



I can't forget that we added a work out schedule to our uncluttered lives (hah!) so that our bodies and minds remain in excellent condition. We work out our bodies by attending the gym and our minds by studying our scriptures and praying together regularly. This also helps us keep tabs on each other's sanity.

In other news, my father started a sport's blog (in a fashion) and you can read his spicy post here.  Emily really enjoyed her aunts and uncles over Christmas.

Ashley and Emily

Sully (Uncle Austin's friend) and Emily

Emily's beautiful feet

Emily and Aaron

Aunt Abby's baptism

Ben at Abby's baptism

Emily and Aunt Katelynn


For the finale, Emily is enjoying a little nap bouncing on my knee.



It would seem with all the Child Development courses I have taken that I would be able to figure out how to get this girl to take naps and have a pretty regular sleeping schedule. Alas, I have no idea. If you have any, you are welcome to pass along the tips.

Now, for the real reason of this post: the pictures say it all.



5 comments:

Tyler and Carisa said...

I think it's a great idea to kick the junk food - that's what me and my hubby are working on. It's too hard to have enough energy to get everything done when your body doesn't have the right kind of fuel.

Good luck this semester!! I'm sure it's going to be one heck of an adventure!

Thomas Turner said...

Your new diet sounds great, and I love going to Wal-Mart. Stay warm, stay healthy, we love you!!!

Grampa Thom

The Brugger Bunch said...

Good for you guys! I have been doing the same thing, totally changing my eating! And you know, it was not nearly as difficult as I thought that it would be. It was so wonderful to see you all! I am in love with your little lady!!! I hope that the new car is working out well, and that you guys are back to your routine! We sure love you!

Munson Family said...

I'm glad your all home and safe, and I'm glad you came up and spent time with us. We had a great time.It sounds like you are going to be verry busy, we will keep your family in our prayers.I'm sure you will accomplish all you want to. Love ya Mom

Kenny said...

I just wanted to say hello and good luck with the diet. I had to do that for a class and it was really hard but after a little while I got used to it and it really did make me feel so much better so I'm sure it will do the same for you guys if you just stick with it. I love you :)