Header

Header

Friday, February 13, 2009

The Irreplaceable Love of our Lives

Our little one is getting bigger. The truth is on the scale. Really. She had her 6-month check-up and (drum roll please) she has gained 2 lbs! 

6-Month Stats
Weight: 141/2 lbs.(16th percentile)
Height: 24 in.(14th percentile)
Head Circumference: 16.33 in. (25th percentile)

She really enjoyed our doctor, she tried to eat her stethoscope, the thermometer, and the doctor's hand. She, of course, entertained every person around and managed to make everyone smile. I understand because I smile whenever I see her face (except for maybe at 2 am when I am too fuzzy to comprehend anything).

All the good news came with a little bit of sad news. Our baby girl has 2 ear infections (meaning an ear infection in both ears). But, the doctor said it looked mild and seemed that she was already fighting the infections on her own. The shots were not even all that bad. She cried for a little bit but because we give her loves after the pain she stopped crying pretty fast and was soon playing with the nurses. I know, she has such an easy temperament.

Our baby is enjoying her new skills. She is reaching for everything. Especially the cool things like our computer, my phone, and the camera.


She can also sit up and still loves to stand and reach out for anything.




What is Queen Emily's favorite thing? Her mommy and daddy of course.



We, as always, are loving being parents. 

About our stroller situation, we were blessed to have been given another stroller by my aunt and uncle and so only needed to pump up the tires on the marvelous contraption. I appreciate all of the calls that we received and the prayers that have been said on our part. Heavenly Father is certainly mindful of us and has blessed us in one more way.

Now I have to go pick up my beautiful daughter and wake my sleepy husband. She is giggling and is way too cute to remain away from her mother's arms. Snuggling is the best part of the day. Have a fabulous Valentine's Day. I know we will!

4 comments:

Munson Family said...

I am soooo glad to see the the Queen once again. She has such beautiful eyes and is not getting all that bigger, she just looks more grown up.I love reading all about your adventures.Love ya, Mom.

Thomas Turner said...

Thanks so much Amber! She is beautiful!

Grampa T and Nananan

The Brugger Bunch said...

Oh my heavens your little lady is getting so big, (well still so tiny) but bigger! I AM SO EXCITED for you! What a tiny doll!

Eli and Christine Turner said...

Thanks for posting more pictures. She's adorable. I can't get over Emily's eyes, they're beautiful. I'm glad that you got the stroller situation remedied. You seem so happy, so I'm happy for you. Much love to you three.