Header

Header

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our Little Corner

We spend a good portion of our day together as a family. Not at home, but in our corner of the ESC (Eyring Science Center). It is conveniently located by our locker, Ben's physics lab, and my astronomy class. It also provides space for Emily to roll around and play.




We love being together, even if it is hanging out while Ben and I do our homework and Emily. plays with her keys and photo album. We have even made friends in the building who like to come over and say hi everyday. I may not know their names, but they are apart of our ESC life.

In this spot, I change Emily's diaper. Since she has become more mobile I must use creativity to encourage her to stay still while I take and put her diaper on. This involves giving her the wipes container. It can usually settle her grumpies and distract her long enough for me to do the job.


Along with this, I have found that Emily enjoys sitting and playing more than lying on her back or tummy. In fact, when she does go on her tummy she employs her grumpy grunt until I pick her up or move her to a sitting position. She is still learning how to crawl so not being able to reach things frustrates her. So, I sit her on her tummy and ensure that she is in equilibrium and does not fall over. She is getting so big.




With all the ruckus in our lives, we somehow manage to find the time to enjoy each other. So would you if this face looked at you:


Her enrapturing gazes do tend to stop homework at times. I am okay with this. She is so much more fun than learning about the development trajectories of adults and adolescents.

Our lives have begun to be organized with valuable routines. We feel pretty good. I am grateful for all my classes because the teach me such useful skills and information. I do look forward to the not to far future when I can stay at home and be a mommy. With such a precious angel around, I will do far more good in her life than I could ever do in the business world. Besides, want to pass on some kind of legacy. I would rather have it be about my mothering and homemaking than my career achievements. I think that Emily agrees.

3 comments:

Tyler and Carisa said...

Love it!!! I love hearing about the little moments that make all the rest of the day worth it!

Bryson and Tara said...

She is getting so big! She is very cute. Thanks for your words of wisdom on our blog. Always appreciated! Take care, friends.

Munson Family said...

Oh as usual,Emily is getting bigger and still so cute. I love all the commentary,The picture of you and the girl is really cute. Love ya.