Header

Header

Monday, March 23, 2009

Turning Around Until We Can't See Anymore

It happened. I began to feel energized. I would wake up in the morning and not feel like sleeping for another 10 years. I could go through the day and not feel like napping every hour or so. I didn't hate the sun and the moon as much. I began to forget the constellations.

This is called sleeping through the night. Our bedtime routine of putting Emily to sleep at 8 pm has been going rather well.

Until she began teething.

Now, she wakes up every hour or so through the night. She is fussy. I am grumpy. Ben feels like I bite his head off every day (I probably do). The circles that I have never experienced have begun appearing underneath my eyes. I go to class and dream of sleep (and doze off). I alternate between feeling terrible for my little angel, frustrated that I am again familiar with all the constellations ("oh, hello Orion! I see that you are arising earlier every day. So am I." And yes, I am having imaginary conversations with my dear friends in the sky), and guilty for feeling frustrated.

Not to mention the irritation that our adapter broke so that I cannot post the wonderful footage we have of Emily crawling in her adorable outfit.

Combine all these emotions into one and you have the perfect recipe for a disgruntled and on-the-verge of a breakdown mother/student.

I am pleased that I am doing so well in my classes. I will not say anymore because I would like for my intentions to become reality.

I can talk about Emily's reluctance to really crawl and desire to walk instead. She began by pulling herself into a standing position from a crawling position on Friday. I was so shocked that I did not get a picture. I still haven't, but it is the most amazing thing to watch. She enjoys doing this much more than attempting to crawl. I don't blame her. Who knows, she just might skip crawling all together and walk instead.

If only I could paint an accurate picture of our little girl's beauty, but I guess that all of you will have to believe my words. She is not only gorgeous, but happy, energetic, and the most precious part of Ben and my life.

This is where our sadness for her pain begins. She brings so much joy in our lives that when she is in pain, we suffer with her. Literally. Being serious, we wish that we could get rid of all her pain for her, but we cannot. She must bear the pain of growing a tooth. I guess this is not the only pain that she will have in her life. I just hope that Ben and I can comfort her then, as much as we comfort her now.

For now, I will continue waking up with Emkly every hour at night, comforting, kissing, and praying for her. I would sacrifice all the sleep in the world if it might mean sparing my angel of pain.

Just allow me to be grumpy the next day.

2 comments:

Thomas Turner said...

You refer to the Queen as gorgeous, and she is. You, Amber, are also gorgeous in your love for our precious granddaughter. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your love for her and B. We adore you, and can't wait to say it in person (in three weeks!!!). We don't know how we are so blessed to have you, but we are, so.....

Love,

Grampa T and Nananan

Munson Family said...

Is she really teething?Wow,what a bummer.What a crazy busy girl to want to crawl before she walks,but I would hate to be on my knees,they hurt.