Header

Header

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Yes... we HAVE figured out what causes it!

I have started a new diet.


Ben and I refer to it as the anorexia/bulimia diet.


Medical professionals define it as hyperemesis gravidarum.

And now.....a FREE Question and Answer section! Hosted by....ME!!!

Was this pregnancy planned? Nope.

Are you excited? Of course! Ben and I cannot wait to meet our new little blessing! Even though it did come as a surprise, we could not have asked for a more welcome gift.

What would you like to have? We LOVE our beautiful little girl, so we would be ecstatic about another one! We also know that our boys will be handsome devils, so one of those would be wonderful as well!

OB or Midwife? OB this time. We really like him so far.

How far along are you/ When are you due? I had this all pegged down with Emily, but I guess I am wiser now....or something because I cannot remember how far along I am. I think (after consulting with Ben) that I am something like 7 weeks along. I know the "due date" is November 23rd. I am not too set on that date, and may even decide on another day instead.

Do you....? YES, we think we know what causes pregnancy.

How are you feeling? I think my picture says it all. I am really hoping to stay away from medical intervention, but it is getting pretty bad. I guess I shall see!

Will you finish school? I don't see why not. I was a very successful while expecting Emily and after I had her. Since I only have 8 weeks left, I don't think anything can hold me back. While I might be super sick, I am even more stubborn.

If you would like to know anything else, well leave a comment or give us a call! We have a hotline (our cell phones) available during the hours of 7 am to 12 midnight.

What is my reaction?

This has been a very spiritual experience for me. I think that Heavenly Father knew I needed personal revelation to make it through the next months. We suspected that I might be pregnant because Emily decided to quit nursing. While most babies will continue nursing if mom becomes pregnant, some babies decide the hCG hormone is a little too much for their taste. Emily took that route. Thus, she quit and we began feeding her formula full-time. While struggling with this new development, I was sitting in church trying to figure out what was going on. I suddenly had the most comforting feeling about having a baby. While I did not quite understand this feeling (I did not think I was pregnant), I felt at peace. When I found out I was expecting, I was delighted.

Growing a baby is serious business. My body does not cope well with the changes. Yet, I am so grateful for the chance to bring another life into the world. While I can't convince everyone that we are not crazy, I can at least point out that Ben and I don't make rash decisions. We are very thoughtful and hesitant when it comes to big changes. We also feel very strongly that when we get an impression, we should act on it.

We know what expenses and responsibilities babies bring and still feel so excited. I will welcome each and every child that comes into our family with loving arms.

17 comments:

dallin, sarah, and lilly said...

oh man! i can't believe you're pregnant! that is really exciting even though it was unplanned! i'm sorry you are feeling so sick. please let me know how i can help you out. maybe emily can come over and play once in a while.

Tyler and Carisa said...

Wow!! Congrats!! That is such exciting news!!! I hope you don't become too ill, I've never been pregnant myself, but I've work right along side a woman who was - and seeing her become so ill was terrible!!!

Lauren said...

You can make it 8 weeks! Let me know if you need anything. I know the last pregnancy was really rough on you and it sounds like this one is too already :-( I hope sickness will go away!

Nadia said...

Congrats Amber! That is awesome. I hope the Lord blesses you and I will keep you in my prayers.

The Brugger Bunch said...

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!!!! I am both laughing and crying, what wonderful, exciting, and incredible news! I know how sick you get with your little ones, so we will keep you in our prayers! We sure love you all!

Erica said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!! What is even more exciting is now you owe us two steak dinners! Garby says payment is due before 2030.

sbdent said...

how exciting! That's so crazy we hope you feel better.

Jonathan + Jessica said...

Congratulations! We are happy for you. :) Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help! Good luck with finals and the last 8 weeks of your undergrad!

*Rachel* said...

That is absolutely wonderful! I am so excited for you two. How lucky this baby will be to have the two of you as parents!!!

Jeff and Michelle Galovan said...

I am seriously so excited for you and sooooo sorry you have felt sooo sick!! Let me know if theres anything i can do!! I will miss seeing you in class, lets do play dates sometime!

Me said...

Congratulations Amber! Heavenly Father knows when you're ready better than you do. But I hope you feel better.

Eli and Christine Turner said...

Congrats! I'm sorry you're feeling sick. Try to take it easy- as much as possible. We're so happy for you three adding to your loving family. Eli says he hopes it's a boy, so you better try. He's also wondering if you can take Dramamine while pregnant to help with nausea.

Love from the Turners to the Turners.

Thomas Turner said...

We're so blessed with little Em; now we will be blessed again. Congrats and loves. Hope your sickness doesn't last as long as before.

We love seeing you as parents. You are great!

Congratulations, again. We love you!

Grampa and Nananan

Munson Family said...

Babies are blessings whenever they come.I wish I were closer to give you relief,but Heavenly Father knows your needs and hopefully Austin is a little help.Keep the doors open and take all the shower soaps out and lock the oven,just kidding. I love you both. Love Mom (Kim)

JCT4 said...

Congratulations you guys! I know your new arrival will be thoroughly adored. And I know you really hoped for a big family, so hey what's planning? Who plans anyway? Or who plans it works out like they planned I should say. We're really excited for you guys and we're happy to help out since we're kind of close. I'm so bummed we learned about it on your blog. Don't be afraid of us. We love you guys.

Susan Turner Educational Services said...

mazel tov! I wish you every good thing that lies (lays? I never can remember) ahead with your new child. I will also say a mishay berach (Hebrew for wholeness and healing) prayer for Amber, hoping that her body will tolerate the preganancy with less sickness. Chicken soup!! If I was there, I'd be making you big batches of chicken soup (AKA Jewish penicillin); I have yet to meet an ailment or other physical challenge that it doesn't help. I can send you my deluxe-yet-simple recipe if you like.
Anyway, I'm very happy and look forward to another great-niece or nephew. I love you all very much!
Aunt Sue

Susan Turner Educational Services said...

PS--ginger is a very effective item to treat nausea; Chinese have been using it for centuries. Works like a charm for me, especially in the form of ginger ale. Not just any kind, though (some have fake flavoring); get Reed's Extra Ginger Brew (health food store). Comes in other flavors too, and gets your blood glucose levels up. Just a bit of advice from and old lady who's had her share of digestive challenges....
hugs, Aunt Sue