Header

Header

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Are You My Mother?

I have always loved the book Are You My Mother? I did not realize its significance until I became a mother. I used to think that the Queen wonders every day who her mother is. Now, I am wiser. Despite her constant chatter of dada dada, I understand that she knows who I am. I know because when she is sad, hurt, or scared, she turns to me, her mother, to comfort her.
This does not mean that B. is of no value. He has plenty, be assured. One of his duties is to feed the girl. While he goes about it differently than I do, the results are often entertaining and rewarding.



He also operates as the on-the-spot photographer. Since my first spring photos were botched, he helped the second set become exactly what I wanted.




I am blessed with a beautiful baby girl and a sexy husband.
Ever since I watched Sandra Bullock in her movies Hope Floats, Practical Magic, and Premonition I have desired to imitate her style. This began my journey of looking for a variety of dresses perfect for spring and summer. I have found a few, but did not know quite what I was looking for until GGMel sent me the one. This was the dress that I was wearing in the photo of the Queen and me. Thank you GGMel!! I adore it! It not only is beautiful, but it hides the fact of my weight loss. I can now leave the house without hearing, "my, you sure look thin!" (I know this is a compliment, but I don't exactly like my thin, anorexic look.)This style has given me guidance on what I will be looking for as I spend my birthday money (thanks to mothers, fathers, and grandparents). If you have any suggestions, let me know.
I am so grateful that I am pregnant during the Spring. I can go on walks to alleviate my many pains (of the dreadful house smells), and leave the door open to freshen the air. I still puke on a regular basis (think hourly), but can't help but be grateful for the tender mercy of spring weather.
I can't wait until I can eat something without trying to convince my stomach to accept the offering. 8 more weeks.

4 comments:

Tyler and Carisa said...

I love that book!!! My sister has it and reads it to her little ones, and the first time I read it I was bawling!!

Also, I have totally been looking for spring/summer dresses... where did you find yours?!

The Brugger Bunch said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that sweet book! It is one of my most favorites! Amber you are so BEAUTIFUL!!! I love that you can smile thru the all the throwing up. I can hardly wait to see you and your sweet little queen, we have really missed you all! Love you@!

Melanie Herman said...

I'm SOOOO glad the dress sorta fits and that you like it enough to wear it in your spring photos!!! The colors are great on you but you're so beautiful I think you could wear anything:) Can't wait to see you. ggmel

Eli and Christine Turner said...

I hope your stomach is treating you better. Love the pictures!