1. My mother: Kim

My mother bore 10 children. She has sacrificed everything to provide all of us children with what we need: attention and love. Her selfless attitude has often gone unnoticed and unrecognized throughout the years. But, her dedication has paid off in all of her 10 beautiful and successful children. I appreciate her willingness to stay at home with the whole crowd and teach us invaluable lessons. As we have aged, her role has changed. Yet, she still possesses an attitude of service. Thank you mom.
2. My friend: April Brugger

I met April after my family moved back to Meridian. Miscarriages, still births, and the death of her youngest son have not taken away her sweet spirit. She continues to adore, teach, and encourage her two daughters, never losing her focus on them. Amidst her many trials, she suffers with a few debilitating diseases. Yet, I have never met someone with such a bright, Christ-like attitude on life. I am not ashamed to admit that I cry everytime I read her blog. She inspires me to be a better person and a better mom.
3. My sister: Autumn

I admire my sister in many, many ways. She made one choice, in particular, that forever placed her high in my list of heroes. Besides this choice, she has recently become a mother. Autumn and I share the same illness during pregnancy--hyperemesis. She, however, is sick the entire time. I can always call her to find joy amidst the horrible reality of my pregnancy. Autumn was lucky enough to give birth to her beautiful baby boy, Brody this past week. He came on-time (according to Autumn's schedule) and quite fast. Unfortunately, from the beginning he has had some struggles. He was put in the NICU because of low-blood sugar and troubles with breathing. On top of that, he was unofficially diagnosed with Down Syndrome. I am overjoyed with my little nephew. He is beautiful and absolutely perfect. I know that his disability will be tough, but he has the most amazing mother to help him through life. She will love and direct him as he grows to become everything that she wanted him to become. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father sent such a special child to a special lady.
Do you have any heroes? If so, why?
Quick Question and Answer:
Were you this sick last pregnancy, for the whole time? Yes, I was pretty sick. I am worse then the first time, but I still needed to go to the hospital for IV's once or twice. I stopped feeling sick (throwing up) at 7 months.
How about using your hypnosis? I tried hypnosis during the first trimester last time, and it did not work. However, it did work when my body was ready to stop feeling sick and throwing up, at 7 months. If I continue to throw up past 20 weeks I will be calling my hypnotherapist and stop the ridiculousness (cool word, huh?). I realize that I need to learn something through this process. I will share a little bit about what I am learning later.
5 comments:
Dear Amber,
You are my hero for maintaining such a great attitude through such a difficult pregnancy! I only wish I could wish-away your sickness. Give Ben and Emily a hug for us. Love, ggmel
Thanks Amber, you made me cry.. not in a bad way though:)
Oh my dear friend, I am crying so hard I can barely type. Thank you for your beautiful tribute and for sharing such tender feelings of your Mother and sister. I am in awe at the three of you! You are a constant reminder to me of what being a Mother is all about. You are one of my hero's and such a blessing to me. I sure love you!
Thank you Amber for such sweet things you've said. I love to be in the same tribute as April. I do love being a Mom but it makes it much nicer to have such great kids, and the are pretty fantastic. You are such a trooper for all you have to do to just be a Mom. I love you! Love, Mom
That was a beautiful tribute to some amazing women. You're also amazing. I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day and that you continue to cope with the sickness with such faith and hope.
Post a Comment