Vs.

I could think of a million other things I would rather do on our date night. Okay, I couldn't. Anyway, after being inspired from reading the date ideas on Love, Actually, I thought I could make this one heck of a date night. Even if I had to watch a football game.
I decided I would do an in-home tailgate party. I made an invitation and sent it to Mr. B.'s e-mail account. I went to the store and stocked up on tailgate essentials: wings to make hot wings, chips, dips, and Dr. Pepper. I was very proud of my idea. I felt even more pride when Mr. B. saw the invitation and gave me the biggest smile. He even said "Now I have something to look forward to!" Everything was going to be perfect!
I had Friday off. What could be better? I had all day to clean the apartment and get everything set up for when Mr. B. got home.
Error # 1
The Queen was acting kind of grumpy. I attributed that to the two teeth she has coming in.I mean, she was playing just fine with
I began the bathroom project. Pretty soon I heard a weird sound coming from the Queen's direction. I looked up and saw all of the Queen's lunch coming out of her mouth. Sorry, very descriptive. With chemicals all over me, I quickly washed up and put her in the tub.
The rest of the day was spent holding the Queen while she threw everything up that I tried to give her. Don't worry, I was not giving her any type of food. Only liquids and absolutely NO milk. After calling my mom, and her pediatrician, I realized she was not going to die. I just needed to hold the poor angel.
Mr. B. called me right before he went into his OChem test and I told him the happy news. No tailgate party. But, he could still pick up Cafe Rio on his way home.
2 hours and all my maternity pants later, Mr. B. arrived to the wonderful smell of throw up and a very grumpy wife. He brought the food in and took the Queen from my arms. We decided we could still watch the game.
Error # 2
I had been looking at Eastern, not Western for game time , so when we put the game on it was already in the 3rd quarter.
We at least enjoyed an intense last 2 quarters while the Queen threw everything up. At least she was only drinking clear liquids--Sprite. We put her into bed and she immediately fell asleep. The poor girl.
So, after a disappointing night I went to bed with the Queen. She woke up throwing up. After my fiftieth shirt and our sheets plus comforter were all spoiled, the Queen fell asleep in her daddy's arms on the couch. That night was long. Not because of the Queen's sickness, but, well a lot of things.
We woke up this morning to a better baby. She felt cool and did not immediately throw up her apple juice. She does want lots of cuddles, but we are happy to comply.
Reading Mr. B's Genetics book
The reason for her excitement
I hope your Friday was wonderful.
Go Cougars! (Mr. B.'s request)

6 comments:
This was not the weekend for football. We invited 6 guys over to watch the BYU game, only to find out (right before the game began) that our cable provider had pulled the channel it was on.
I guess now I'm just happy that no one threw up on me, too. Glad your baby is feeling better.
And good luck on the Ochem test (I remember how my husband hated those).
Luckily we haven't had to deal with an major throwing up yet. I do not look forward to that. You are such a trooper!
Oh no! What a rough day and night! I am glad she is doing better!
Bless your heart! I hate it when plans go amiss like that. Watching football has become a pretty common date night for us...which I have mixed feelings about! I hope she continues to feel better!
Thank you everyone! This was one of those memories that Mr. B. and I have and will continue to look back on and smile : ).
Charlotte: Rotten luck with the football game. Let me tell you, you did not miss anything by not watching the BYU football game. We were there, in person, for the embarrassment.
oh, but you did get something spot on.... when your husband got excited about the invite and "had something to look forward to"... that's an accomplishment right there. In cases like this, I try to remember *it's the thought that counts!* ...Just don't let that ruin any further attempts to do something creative like that. I fail to write more often that date nights don't always go off so smoothly..especially with a baby in the house. However, this is a terrific idea and you should be proud. I'm planning on doing a similiar post in a month or so. I like your e-vite idea..I'll have to include that in the post! Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment