Header

Header

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Last 24 Hours

Not going to school affords me more time than I could have imagined. Even though I am working 20-25 hours a week, I still have more time to clean the house and play with the Queen than I ever did while in school. To illustrate this, here is my rundown of the last 24 hours.
I try and wake up at around 7 to shower and see Mr. B. off. The Queen will wake up between 7:30-9am and I will bring her to the kitchen for breakfast. She has become very interested in using silverware. So, to encourage her independence, I will dish up her cheerios and let her spoon them into her mouth.
 
See mommy! I am a big girl!

 
These cheerios are exactly what I wanted
 
Yum yum 

With her bowl of cheerios she has some fruit, usually a banana. Lately she has also been eating this by herself.
 
I wonder how I will get this into my mouth?
 
 
I eat everything, including the peel

After breakfast, Queenie and I will play. She will grab her favorite toy, my shirt, and take off on her own adventure with her own rules. I am still learning all of her rules.
 
What else can I grab?
 
 
I sure love this kitchen, it has so many drawers!
 
 
Oh, I have a good life

When Queenie begins to whine, I put her down for her nap. I will use this time productively to either update the blog, do the dishes, or nap. Before the Queen gets up, I will prepare our lunch and pack up the diaper bag so that we are ready to leave when the time comes. This eliminates all sorts of frustrations in the morning.
We will then leave for work. At work, I will lock all the kiddies up and enjoy watching their frustration.
 
Let us out!!
Just kidding. I will tidy up the house, read lots and lots of stories, and play with the two babies. I also help Jbelly with her homework and piano. 
La La La, Queenie enjoys the background music
The Queen really loves the piano. I hope that we will have a piano soon so that I can play and teach the Queen all about music!
Finally, we arrive back home. I will prepare some sort of meal and either bring it to school for Mr. B. (if he has to stay late), or have it all laid out before he comes home. After dinner, the Queen gets to play in the  bathtub as I wash off all the grub from the day. We will then play for a few minutes before bedtime.
 
So many toys! My favorite is dressing up in Mommy's shirt!
 
 
I know that Mommy will love to read to me from Daddy's Biology book!
The Queen and I will read her good-night story, read scriptures, and I will sing her her good-night song.   
With the girl in bed I will do my final clean-up of the house. With no homework or other pressing needs to consume my nights, I will usually pick up a good book or watch a movie before going to bed.
I am so glad that I finished my degree. I can now stay home and enjoy my little girl. She sure is fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like heaven! What a relief to be finished with school!!!!!!!!!