Header

Header

Friday, September 4, 2009

A Little Break

We are in the process of MOVING!!! Yay!!! I have been waiting expectantly for this day. Whenever I would get upset about one thing or another (which happens very frequently) having to do with our house, I would remind myself that the countdown has begun. To have it finally be here is amazing!
The Queen has decided that walking is much more efficient than crawling. I am glad because she doesn't get nearly as dirty. Did I even mention how big little she has remained? We had her year check-up a couple weeks ago and were not surprised by her stats.
She weighed in at 17.5 pounds.
She is now 26 inches long.
She still has a big head.
Overall, she has remained in the same percentages as compared to infants her age. In the 4th-6th percentiles. Except for her head. She just needs room for her big brain because she is brilliant.
As for me, I am getting more tired everyday. I had my glucose test today. I hate that test. I have to fast before I go take it, then try and keep the liquid down for a whole hour so they can draw my blood. I was just trying not to pass out that hour. This test will also tell my ob why I feel dizzy, nauseous, and exhausted all the time. I have a suspicion that my iron levels will be very low and I will be asked to begin taking iron supplements. Despite my best attempts to explain this to the nurse during my last visit, she said that my prenatal vitamins would take care of that. That is, if I could keep them down.
On a more positive note, I am getting bigger and bigger. My weight gain is still minimal, but I have gained a little bit. I am kept quite busy and on my toes as I take care of 4 little kids Monday-Friday. I am so grateful for this job because it helps me forget my pregnancy woes. Plus, it provides the Queen with lots of friends to chatter with and walk to. She is becoming so active and even more charming than before!! I am so glad that she reminds me what I have to look forward to with her brother. I know he will be so cute. All we have to do now is decide on a name....

2 comments:

Thomas Turner said...

You hang in there. Know we are with you.

Bryson and Tara said...

Good luck with the moving! Moving when you're pregnant is crazy...but also exciting.

I sure hope you get feeling better soon. You deserve it!