Each of these things has the potential to become mundane.
But, as a mother I have the responsibility to nurture my child(ren). I have the power to teach her about life.
As I have come to understand the true nature of motherhood, I have developed a reverence for my calling.
I know that, in many ways, how seriously I take my calling will reflect in the Queen's later choices.
Right now I teach the Queen to use language to help me understand what she wants. This will develop into teaching her to think for herself and develop her own testimony. Her teenage years will be trying times as I let her make mistakes and face the consequences. As she leaves home, I want to be secure in the knowledge that I taught her everything I could to help her face adulthood.
The only way I can be a true power in my children's lives is through the Spirit. Prayer, scripture study, and temple attendance will guide me in mothering. In today's world, I need all the help I can get to help my children recognize their divine potential. I am so glad that I have the chance to be a mother. I am ready.
4 comments:
she is so dang cute, how could you not love being her mom??
Beautiful words. Being a mother is so amazing. Satan wants us to find it mundane, but there are so many opportunities, like you said. Thanks for reminding me!
I'm so so happy that you're doing what you love. You've truly found your bliss. I'd be lying if I didn't admit to a little jealousy haha.
You're getting so close to greeting little "manly" into the world. I cannot wait to meet him and to see lots and lots of pictures.
Isn't it great they can't open your mascara. Landon loved trying also! Hope pregnancy is going well!
Post a Comment