Header

Header

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Shots, Colic, and Why I Didn't Post Yesterday

We went to the doctor yesterday for Manly's two-month check-up. This little guy is a big chunk.

Manly's stats:
12 lbs. 2 oz. (58%)
22 in. (14%)
Weight to length percent: 91%
Head circumference:15.25 (20%)

Do you see his fat rolls? Oh yeah, he likes his mommy's milk.

 
 Look at this double chin!


Gosh, I love this beautiful, blue-eyed, boy!

Did I mention how strong he is? Here is the proof.

 
You can't tell, but he is standing AND holding his head up! 
What a big boy!

Now, at the doctor's office we ended up waiting 50 minutes just to get into our doctor's examining room. If you don't know what that is like with a 2-month old and a 16-month old, let me tell you.
The Queen is running everywhere, talking to everyone, and picking up all sorts of things off the floor. I am trying to keep her out of disgusting items while also trying to keep Manly happy. It gets pretty rough. I looked like this by the time I got into the doc's office.

 
I was trying to take a cute picture. I ended up looking ticked. 
We kept it because the Queen looks so stinking cute.

When we were finally brought back to the examining room, Manly was screaming because he was hungry and the Queen just wanted to run around. While I tried to nurse Manly so that the nurse could take his vital signs, the Queen was busy emptying out all the cupboards and shelves in the little room. Oh. My. Goodness. By the time the doctor came in, I was frustrated and flustered. I just wanted to get out of there. After the doctor finished up, we waited another 10 minutes for the nurse to come back in and give Manly his 2-month shots. I think I was ready for a drink by the time the whole process was over. A Dr. Pepper, people. Sheesh. 

Anyway, while waiting in the waiting room, I kinda wished I had the swing to keep the Queen busy. Because, she loves it.

 
 Or, maybe a hat.


Anything that would've kept the Queen happy and away from nasty trash. (Like the plastic cup she randomly found on a table. Yeah, I gagged.)

Thank goodness the Queen loves her brother.

So what if he screams when she tries to hold him? She just wants to love him. Maybe a little too vigoursly at times.

The day was a bit of a fiasco after that appointment. Manly screamed for hours, even with Tylenol! Those shots musta hurt. Poor little guy! I rocked him, swaddled him, fed him, and he still kept crying. Shots are rough!

All I can say is, thank goodness for Mr. B. After a long day, he will come home and take the chilluns while I finish dinner.

  
Manly's colic has been slowly disappearing. Since he has not felt well the last couple of days, he has been keeping us up. But, hey, he is only a baby! He only knows how to cry! Of course, the shots totally threw him off. He was up pretty late last night.

So, that is why I didn't post yesterday. Doctor's Appointment + Shots = No time.

3 comments:

coastal sage said...

Try a warm bath too next time after shots. It seemed to relax the muscles in their sore legs.

Munson Family said...

It sounds like my Sunday,only I wanted to go to my room and cry way back in the closet,so I could hear nothing.I didn't though.Monday was a new day and I got a well deserved reprieve from noise for a few hours.

Jaren said...

Wow! The busy tiring life of a young parent. Is that what we have to look forward to with two little ones? Not that we're having another baby yet, but you know, sometime in the future :)

I admire you two so much. Mr. B must mean Mr. BOMB because Ben is fetchin' awesome. I love that guy. And Amber, you on call for taking care of two kids all of the time! You are an angel. It stresses me out to think I might have to wake up at 4am and put a bottle in Lochlan's mouth-not that hard :/ Silly me.

Anytime you guys need a babysitter or help, please let us know. Kristin and I are both taking a break from school this semester, so we're here to help in any way we can. Also, we need to have you guys over for dinner soon. Maybe let us know what night works best for you and we'll swing it! :D

Love you, best of luck with studies and all.