Header

Header

Monday, February 22, 2010

I Can Do It!

Emily is growing up so fast! She is learning new things--and words--daily that it is hard to remember and write them down.  For instance, she likes to take my keys and "unlock" our door.
 
How cute is that?  
Plus, she is silly.  She says "jokes" and giggles after the punch line, she is just like her momma! Of course, capturing her laughing, much less smiling, is nearly impossible.  She is just not patient enough for my slow camera! I do capture her smiles afterward!

 
She is so cute with her little belly.  It makes me laugh to see it.
 
Like any toddler (or person for that matter), she does not like it when I take things from her.  But sometimes it is necessary. Especially when she tries to eat gum or drink bleach.  Yeah, not the best idea.

Andrew is getting chubbier by the day.  I can't believe how big he is!  He is learning to sit up on his own.  He is such a strong little boy!
 
 
  
Along with his new sitting up skills, he loves to smile!  Ah, but capturing his smile is still eluding me. Don't worry, I try daily so my chances are good, right?
And, he is starting to grab things, like my hair, my shirt, his sister's hands, and his giraffe.
 
Yes, that is Emily's finger.  She likes to play with brother's giraffe too.  
Something that tickles me is Emily's size. She can fit into her brother's sweaters with ease.
 
 Our dear, sweet, little Emily.  I'm sure her brother will pass her up before long.

In other news, Ben was inducted into Phi Kappa Phi last week. Phi Kappa Phi is a nationally recognized honor society.  Only a few schools are selected to participate and only the top 10% of the entire class are inducted. I am so proud of Ben!  We were able to attend a dinner but I negelcted to bring the camera.  Still, I am amazed by my husband.  He manages to attend school full-time, work part-time, volunteer, parent, and maintain an excellent GPA.  He pretty much rocks.

As for me? I'm loving motherhood.  Sure, there are sleepless nights, busy days, but overall? It is fantastic.  I couldn't ask for more than to stay home with my two, wonderful babies.

2 comments:

Jack and Alyssa said...

Isn't it great to have wonderful husbands that do everything they can to allow us to stay home? Your little kiddies are so adorable!

Munson Family said...

Emily looks like the days aren't long enough for her,with all that she has to do. Way to go BEN!!!! I am glad Amber that you are enjoying the munchkins.I'm sorry they have been feeling sick:(