I am not a fan of winter. Yeah, I know that not very many people are. But, I am not just talking about the cold. I'm talking about the sickness. It seems that every winter me, B, and/or the kids come down with something pretty icky. This winter is no different.
After a very long (read: sleepless) night, I decided to take Manly to the doctor. I explained to the doctor that I thought he might have an ear infection. He checked. Nope. I related to him that RSV is making its rounds around my neighborhood. So, he checked Manly's lungs.
Within a minute he said, "Well, looks like he has RSV."
"You're kidding me," I said, with a dumfounded grin. (I always grin when I'm unsettled.)
"Nope. I'm giving you a prescription for the suction clinic at the hospital."
Nice. Oh, and on top of that? Strep. Rectal strep.
And here I thought I was just going in for an ear infection. I will admit that I barely kept myself composed while talking to the doctor. RSV is not something I wanted to hear.
So, the point of all this? I am banning winter from my house. Also, I won't be commenting on very many of your blogs for a little while. Know that I am there and reading. Right now Manly needs me to focus on him.
Would you please pray for my little guy? He really needs it.
1 comment:
I'll keep your little man in my prayers. A note on diaper rash, Korben went through a day of what I would call acid poop which resulted in a horrible rash. I read somewhere that lansinoh (yes the breast-feeding cream) is a great barrier between their bums and the diaper. So with a lot of air time, a few baths and lots of lansinoh (I also used lavender and frankinsence essential oils if you want some I can bring it by) and his rash is almost gone. Thank goodness because his crying was breaking my heart!
Again we'll keep manly in our prayers, please let us know if you need anything.
Post a Comment