Language development is more complex than I ever thought. It involves specific muscles in the jaw, the tongue, and other areas of the mouth. When I think about the process of producing a simple cooing sound, I marvel that babies can start making it by 3 months.
At night, I am usually exhausted by chasing Emmy and rocking Andrew all day. I try to relax by blogging, reading, and/or watching a movie (yes, I usually do multiple things at once). Lately, Andrew has not wanted to sleep anywhere besides my arms. While I can get tired by his insistence, as it makes cleaning quite difficult, I am pleased when he wakes up happy in my arms. His happiness is usually accompanied by bouts of "talking." His cute little sounds warm my tired heart, enabling me to be encompassed by my love for him. The following video is one such instance. I apologize if it is dark.
There are days when he will sleep and eat well. Generally these days are proceeded by gleeful smiles and giggles.
Oh, his giggles.
The first time he giggled was while watching his busy sister play. It was a sound that melted my heart, making me grateful that I have two beautiful, loving babies.
Since then, he will watch and laugh at his sister's antics. It tickles my heart to watch him interact with his beautiful sister. I have yet to capture those precious moments on video, but I have captured his precious giggles when his father plays with him. He sure loves to play with his daddy.
My two babies continue to grow. Some days are easy, some days are hard. I am just pleased that I can share my heart with two precious angels.
3 comments:
Absolutely precious! Thank you so much for sharing these moments.
THANKS!! He is growing up so fast! These videos are just so beautiful.
Much, much love.
Grampa
What sweet videos!
Post a Comment