Header

Header

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's Like a Walk In the Park...

Or rather a walk to the park.  At least that's how it is in our family.
Every Sunday we take a walk to our favorite park--the one with the duck pond. 


As you can see, it is Ben's favorite Sabbath day activity! 

Aren't her eyes beautiful?  She loves taking walks, especially when we are going to see the ducks!

 The best time to visit the pond is when the weather is slightly chilly.  The ducks flock to you!  Since we forgot to bring a loaf of bread, this lovely couple shared their bread with us! Wasn't that nice?

Emily thinks the throwing part is awesome! She even does it at home!  (Yay for me!)

 These white ducks were particularly patient.  They even ate out of our hands!  (Scared Ben and I, but not Emily!  She is much more courageous than us, I guess.)

 It is so fun to watch Emily feed the ducks while imitating their quacking noises.  

 Andrew thinks the location is great for napping.

 We like to refer to the ducks as "our ducks." The do follow us around. 

Emily loves feeding the ducks.  She only eats it half of the time now!
 
 Feeding in action.

Sunday is a good day.

3 comments:

Thomas Turner said...

So Great! I still remember Nana and Papa taking me to Walla Walla (Eastern Washington) to feed the ducks when I was about 5. What a great memory. Thanks, Amber!!

G

Anonymous said...

Hehe, great pictures. Jonathan loves feeding ducks. And chasing them. Pretty sure he wants one as a pet someday.

Tyler and Carisa said...

I love how happy she is in these pictures! I can't wait to take my little one to feed the ducks.