Header

Header

Friday, April 30, 2010

A Weekend and Then Some

Last week was a busy week.  Ben finished his finals on Wednesday evening (around 8), came home, packed, and left for Iowa the next morning (at 4).  Needless to say, we didn't see very much of him last week.  On Saturday, I picked Ben up from the airport (around 4:30 pm) and we headed off to Idaho for a short visit.  When we were over half way there, Emily started puking.  We figured she had motion sickness so we gave her some soda and crackers and prayed that we would quickly arrive at our destination.

As soon as we got in, we took Emily to the bath.  While taking care of that, Andrew started throwing up.  That's when we realized it was a bug.

The rest of the weekend was a blur.  Sickness, sleeplessness, and other stuff combined to make us rather exhausted.  I blame all those events for not taking any pictures.  Darn it.  Even though the trip wasn't as relaxing as we had hoped it would be, it was great to see my family and hear Austin give his last talk before his mission.  We came back on Monday (very short trip) to start preparing for Ben's next semester and to join my parents and brother in dropping Austin off at the MTC.


On Tuesday, we hung out with my parents, Austin, and Aaron.  It just so happened that Austin, my dad, and Ben came down with what Emily and Andrew had.  (I am grateful that during their sickness they all gained a greater appreciation for what I experience during pregnancy.) That evening, we went to the MTC and took a few photos.  If Austin looks a little gaunt, you now know why.  


After a delicious dinner at one of my favorite restaurants (Cafe Rio in case you are wondering) (a dinner that only my mom, Aaron, and I enjoyed), we went back to my parent's hotel room to hang out with each other. It was delightful to sit and chat with my brother and parents before Austin's big day.

The next morning, we went to IHOP and enjoyed a last breakfast with Austin.  (Unfortunately, Ben was unable to make it as he had class.) 


After that, we went to the Museum of Art to look at the beautiful exhibits and kill time before Austin entered into the MTC.

At 12:45, I gave my last hug to my brother for two years. 

I am so proud of him.

(In case you are wondering, the kids are still feeling icky.  Andrew throws up every now and then and both are still having a hard time eating. They are doing better, though.)

1 comment:

The Two of Us said...

I'm just wondering why Ben went to Iowa. Inquiring mind needs to know :)