Header

Header

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy 6 Months!!




Our internet was disconnected on Monday and was finally reconnected today (at least that is the easy explanation for our absence).  I have plenty of pictures and cool updates for all of you. To begin with....

Andrew is now 6 months old!!

I can't believe my little guy is so big!

To celebrate his big day, we went to the doctor's office. Here are his 6 month stats.

Weight: 15.85 lbs, 19.55%
Length: 26.25 in, 42 %
Weight to length %tile: 23%
Head circumference: 17 in, 32%

Since he has been in the 50% for most of his stats, the doctor was slightly concerned about his growth.  Andrew was very sick for a week or so and I think that explains his drop in weight.  Plus, he has grown tremendously in height.  It's not that big of a deal considering he still has an excess of fat rolls, just something that we (meaning me) will have to watch.

Since I have been slow on posting some pictures, I missed showing his awesome practice at sitting up a month ago.  This is what it looked like.

I put the boppy around him for some support and cheered on his awesome posture.


He showed his approval by crying


and making grumpy faces.


Meanwhile, Emily tried to get in on the boppy action.


This made Andrew very happy.


After 1 million or so photos, I took him off the boppy and allowed Emily full access.  She was thrilled.


After a few photos (which would have been a million if the girl would have let me photograph her!), we called it a night.

A week or so later, Andrew decided the boppy was not necessary anymore.  This is what happens when I get busy and do not update things as often as I should.

Now, Andrew is sitting up like a pro.


And making silly faces when mommy says "Smile!!"


I think his rolls *might* be decreasing.  I'll have to up his calorie intake.

A few things that Andrew has started doing.
  • He rolls over WHEN HE WANTS TO.  No pushing this guy into action.  He is often too busy watching his sister to feel th need to roll over.
  • He eats a variety of different foods: mangos, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, green beans, zucchini, and, of course, rice cereal.  
  • He takes 2-3 naps a day.
  • He likes to wake up every 2 hours at night.  I don't like this habit too much.
  • He is a content and happy baby.  He enjoys sitting in my lap and playing with his sister.  He doesn't like to be put down (very different from Emily) and cries when I leave him sitting for more than a few minutes at a time.
  • He has started making high pitched squealing noises.  Awesome.  I know this is a very important milestone but it still doesn't make it pleasant.
  • He loves to read books and grab the pages.
  • He tries to grab everything that is within his reach, but still prefers his sister over any toys.
  • He is my little guy.  I absolutely love holding and playing with him.
  • He prefers to suck on his fingers rather than a binky.  Oh well.

I really could not imagine our little family without this guy.  

No comments: