You ever have that feeling of living in a nightmare? Or at least had a chain of events that just made you laugh at how ridiculous it all was?
That's how I feel.
After my getaway with Ben, I thought the pain had finally subsided. It didn't. It only got worse and worse until I was having full blown contractions, again. I called the on-call doctor, who happened to be my doctor, and practically cried my frustrations to him. He told me to take some pain medication and to call him in the morning. I did and was asked to come in for an ultrasound.
The ultrasound didn't find anything conclusive, but after discussing things with my doctor we determined a D&C was the best option at this point. I really just wanted the physical pain to go away.
Yesterday I went in at the early hour of 6 am for the surgery. It was short, I think, I can't really be certain because I was under general anesthesia, but I do remember waking up to a lot of pain and the nurse giving me as much pain medication as she could.
It was awesome.
Until I am fully healed, I am stuck on the couch.
I guess I'll be back when I can.
3 comments:
Oh dear. I'm so sorry. My co-worker had to have a D&C when she miss carried at 11 weeks. She said it was painful, but that it was necessary so that she could get back to her life. I hope you are able to get back to playing with your little ones and having fun with your husband soon!
Amber, I've been thinking about you lots. Hope you heal soon and have no more yucky pain! I'm glad other sisters are helping out with your kids and stuff while you try to rest. I've got a cold right now, but let me know if I can help with anything. I should be all better by Monday. Sending lots of prayers your way!
Oh Amber I'm so sorry. I've had to have a few D&Cs in my time (morphine is my friend) but not after something so emotionally hard. I hope that Heavenly Father heals you through and through soon.
Post a Comment