I am updating on time this week! I'm so proud of myself.
Obviously the biggest news is he is now one!! Hooray for our big boy!
Today he had his one-year well check-up and, I'm proud to report, he has gotten bigger! (He also had 5 shots today. Ouch!)
Weight: 20 lbs (12th percentile)
Height: 28 in. (5th percentile)
Head Circumference: 18.25 in. (50th percentile)
Apparently weaning him was a good idea after all. (Even though I hated it. I loved nursing my little guy.) The doctor suggested we work on his height, I told him we were thinking about buying one of those stretching machines. He thought that was a fantastic idea. (If you don't realize by now, the doctor and I were joking.)
We haven't celebrated his birthday yet because of conflicts with Ben's work schedule, but we plan on having a fun, small party next week. Andrew did enjoy listening to all the birthday messages and phone calls from everyone!! He feels very blessed to be surrounded by such loving family. He also liked when Emily and I sang him the "Happy Birthday" song. He clapped his hands and danced for us.
Andrew is not walking yet. He isn't really standing by himself either. Hey, he could wait 2 months if he likes; I'm in no hurry.
He does say random words and phrases. Like dog (dadad), dad (dada), mom (mama), Emily (mama), more (dadmam grunt grunt *points fingers at food*), and Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Haha. Seriously, he does say words, or sounds that could possibly be words, but they aren't clear enough yet for me to catch them.
He really likes dancing to The Jimmies and The Wiggles with his sister. He's got some awesome moves.
He eats just about everything I place in front of him. If he doesn't like it, he throws it at me, the table, or Emily. Emily thinks that's hilarious.
Speaking of his sister, he pretty much adores her. He wants whatever she has. Whether it is food, drink, or a toy. She isn't always thrilled by this attention, but is usually okay with sharing with him. So sweet, huh?
I think he might be teething as he's having a hard time going down for naps and bedtime. He still sleeps pretty well, he just cries for 5 to 10 minutes after I place him in his crib. Well, I sure can't wait until those top teeth break through!
This boy loves to laugh. He loves to chase his sister around the house and screams with joy whenever she chases him back. It makes me smile everytime. He also likes for me to chase him. He will cry at his bedroom door until I get down and chase him for a few minutes. Silly boy.
He gets into everything. Hey, what else is new?
Emily
She really loved going to the doctor's office with her brother today. Especially after she was given the Flu shot. Um, she cried more than Andrew did. She kept pointing to her leg and crying to, I mean telling Ben, "I hurt, Daddy! My leg hurts. I want a sticker."
This girl makes me so happy. She loves to snuggle next to me while we read stories. Her favorite story is, "Whose Mouse are You?" I must admit, the story creeped me out at first but now I love it as well. She can read the story to me, if she wanted, but she prefers that I read it with my very animated voice. How could I deny her request? She also loves "Freight Train," "Brown Bear," and the nursery rhymes in "This Little Piggy" and "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." She can read and sing almost all the songs/rhymes in those books. It is super cute.

Emily loves to dance. She especially loves to dance to the Wiggles and the Jimmies. She often turns to me and says, while shaking her hips, "Wiggle shake, Mommy!!" I, then, dance with her. How could I not? Her favorite Wiggle songs come from the DVD (that we watch via Netflix on-line) "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing." I also love that DVD. I know, I'm a sucker for awesome kid's music. She also loves listening to our iPod nano.

Meal times with Emily are, um, interesting. You can read last week's post for more information. When she doesn't want something she will shove the bowl toward me and yell, "NO" at the top of her lungs. I don't like that very much. She also screams NO randomly throughout the day--at her brother, the TV, me, or Ben. Kinda weird really.

She is picking up on every word imaginable. We read scriptures with the kids daily and I am now having Emily repeat verses back to me. Ben thinks its awesome when she reads words like, "harlot," "charlatan," and other words like those. Very funny Ben. Emily also offers her own prayer before we do our family prayer. It usually goes like this, "Mutters something unintelligible, Mommy, Daddy, Bear, Andrew, cake, cupcake, Nana, Papa, Grampa, water, Daddy, Mommy, cracker, froggy, buggy, NameofJesusChrist Amen!" This is followed by, "Daddy's turn!" We love it.

Her favorite songs are now, "I Am a Child of God," "I Love to See the Temple," and "We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet." I love YouTube. I put on some version of those songs and Emily listens, enraptured, during all the verses. She also sings along and fills in the words that she knows.
She is getting SO big.
Amber
(I think I need to take more pictures of myself with the kids.)
I never really know what to put here. Um, I am a busy mom. End of story.
The pain is still there, it comes and goes. I only notice it after I've been pretty active during the day. I started running with Ben a couple weeks ago and that has been really fun. Ben and I have a good route that we take, it's made a little bit harder because we are pushing the kids in the stroller. But, hey, our arms are also getting a workout! We are a buff couple. Ha.
I'm cooking again and trying new recipes. I think I may even follow some of my friend's leads and add a Recipe Page to this blog. We'll see if I follow through.
Ben
This guy is busy! He has his last interview with AT Still in Missouri this weekend. These are his med school results so far.
AZCOM (Arizona): Accepted
COMP Northwest (Oregon): Accepted as of today. We got the phone call in the doctor's office, actually!
KCOM (Missouri): Inteview invite
VCOM (Virgina): Interview invite, had to decline
WVSOM (West Virginia): Interview invite, had to decline
CCOM (Chicago): Secondary, pretty sure he will be invited to interview
Because of financial reasons (i.e. medical bills and med school application stuff), Ben needed to find a second job. He applied to like 3 and was asked to an interview at two today! He was offered a job at both locations, but chose to take the position as a paraeducator working with Autistic children. This is full-time day job so he will be gone all day every Monday and Tuesday and every other Wednesday. I am so glad that he is willing to sacrifice so much for all of us. I am also grateful that he got this job as I think it will be a good fit for him and the family. (The other job was a graveyard shift as a security officer.)
A pretty busy past two weeks!
That's it for us.
Peace out,

He eats just about everything I place in front of him. If he doesn't like it, he throws it at me, the table, or Emily. Emily thinks that's hilarious.
Speaking of his sister, he pretty much adores her. He wants whatever she has. Whether it is food, drink, or a toy. She isn't always thrilled by this attention, but is usually okay with sharing with him. So sweet, huh?
I think he might be teething as he's having a hard time going down for naps and bedtime. He still sleeps pretty well, he just cries for 5 to 10 minutes after I place him in his crib. Well, I sure can't wait until those top teeth break through!
This boy loves to laugh. He loves to chase his sister around the house and screams with joy whenever she chases him back. It makes me smile everytime. He also likes for me to chase him. He will cry at his bedroom door until I get down and chase him for a few minutes. Silly boy.
He gets into everything. Hey, what else is new?
Emily
She really loved going to the doctor's office with her brother today. Especially after she was given the Flu shot. Um, she cried more than Andrew did. She kept pointing to her leg and crying to, I mean telling Ben, "I hurt, Daddy! My leg hurts. I want a sticker."
This girl makes me so happy. She loves to snuggle next to me while we read stories. Her favorite story is, "Whose Mouse are You?" I must admit, the story creeped me out at first but now I love it as well. She can read the story to me, if she wanted, but she prefers that I read it with my very animated voice. How could I deny her request? She also loves "Freight Train," "Brown Bear," and the nursery rhymes in "This Little Piggy" and "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." She can read and sing almost all the songs/rhymes in those books. It is super cute.
Emily loves to dance. She especially loves to dance to the Wiggles and the Jimmies. She often turns to me and says, while shaking her hips, "Wiggle shake, Mommy!!" I, then, dance with her. How could I not? Her favorite Wiggle songs come from the DVD (that we watch via Netflix on-line) "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing." I also love that DVD. I know, I'm a sucker for awesome kid's music. She also loves listening to our iPod nano.
Meal times with Emily are, um, interesting. You can read last week's post for more information. When she doesn't want something she will shove the bowl toward me and yell, "NO" at the top of her lungs. I don't like that very much. She also screams NO randomly throughout the day--at her brother, the TV, me, or Ben. Kinda weird really.
She is picking up on every word imaginable. We read scriptures with the kids daily and I am now having Emily repeat verses back to me. Ben thinks its awesome when she reads words like, "harlot," "charlatan," and other words like those. Very funny Ben. Emily also offers her own prayer before we do our family prayer. It usually goes like this, "Mutters something unintelligible, Mommy, Daddy, Bear, Andrew, cake, cupcake, Nana, Papa, Grampa, water, Daddy, Mommy, cracker, froggy, buggy, NameofJesusChrist Amen!" This is followed by, "Daddy's turn!" We love it.
Her favorite songs are now, "I Am a Child of God," "I Love to See the Temple," and "We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet." I love YouTube. I put on some version of those songs and Emily listens, enraptured, during all the verses. She also sings along and fills in the words that she knows.
She is getting SO big.
Amber
(I think I need to take more pictures of myself with the kids.)
I never really know what to put here. Um, I am a busy mom. End of story.
The pain is still there, it comes and goes. I only notice it after I've been pretty active during the day. I started running with Ben a couple weeks ago and that has been really fun. Ben and I have a good route that we take, it's made a little bit harder because we are pushing the kids in the stroller. But, hey, our arms are also getting a workout! We are a buff couple. Ha.
I'm cooking again and trying new recipes. I think I may even follow some of my friend's leads and add a Recipe Page to this blog. We'll see if I follow through.
Ben
This guy is busy! He has his last interview with AT Still in Missouri this weekend. These are his med school results so far.
AZCOM (Arizona): Accepted
COMP Northwest (Oregon): Accepted as of today. We got the phone call in the doctor's office, actually!
KCOM (Missouri): Inteview invite
VCOM (Virgina): Interview invite, had to decline
WVSOM (West Virginia): Interview invite, had to decline
CCOM (Chicago): Secondary, pretty sure he will be invited to interview
Because of financial reasons (i.e. medical bills and med school application stuff), Ben needed to find a second job. He applied to like 3 and was asked to an interview at two today! He was offered a job at both locations, but chose to take the position as a paraeducator working with Autistic children. This is full-time day job so he will be gone all day every Monday and Tuesday and every other Wednesday. I am so glad that he is willing to sacrifice so much for all of us. I am also grateful that he got this job as I think it will be a good fit for him and the family. (The other job was a graveyard shift as a security officer.)
A pretty busy past two weeks!
That's it for us.
Peace out,

2 comments:
DO I SEE THAT BEN WAS ACCEPTED IN OREGON?????????????????????????
Do you need me to come and drive your Moving van to Oregon? Say it's so!! We all's been praying for a "yes" on the Lebanon gig; NOTHING would make me happier!! (email me...wanna know your plans)
Post a Comment