Life isn't fun right now. Ben is busy with work and finishing off his independent study courses; I am busy with housekeeping and mothering; our family is busy with maintaining our relationships.
I am tired. So very tired. Unfortunately, the dishes, the laundry, the living room, the bathroom and our bedrooms do not clean themselves so I must dedicate the majority of my time attending to those areas. This means that I manage to wash the dishes and pick up the living room before collapsing from pain and exhaustion at the end of the night. Yeah, the bathroom has yet to be clean (and I feel sick just thinking about how disgusting it is), and the laundry is, once again, piling up. I don't even want to talk about the floors in the kitchen and living room or the piles all over the house of random crap.
Why does it feel like I'm constantly running without accomplishing anything? (A rhetorical question.)
Meanwhile, the kids want my attention, because they are still sick, and I rarely have time to hold them. Too busy with errands and meal preparations.
To quote Emily, "I wanna nap!" (She says this if she is tired--whether it be morning, afternoon, or evening.)
The weather is still sluggish; this makes everything twenty times more difficult because I must pack even more things when we leave the house.
The heater on our van broke. Ben knows how to fix it, he just doesn't have time--at least if we want to see him.
While I have so very many pictures, many from the summer that I have been unable to post, I must wait until my energy increases, or until we are less busy. As both seem unlikely in the near future, I'll just take things one day at a time.
But, since you are already here, I'll include a few pictures of the kids.
![]() |
| Bath time fun. She looks so mischievous, which probably means she was trying to distract me long enough to dump out all the soap from the bottle. |
![]() |
| Andrew loves bath time. And eating stuff he finds in the bath (I know, so gross). |
| Emily and Andrew love this toy their Nana and Papa sent them. |
| Our little girl with her "blankie." |
| Post-spaghetti bath time. |
| Doing something she loves: hanging off of handles. She is quite the acrobat. |
Sorry this post is so drab, but it does describe how our lives are currently going.
Until things slow down, I am taking a break. Maybe letting go will give me the time to catch up. I sure hope so.
Until things slow down, I am taking a break. Maybe letting go will give me the time to catch up. I sure hope so.


1 comment:
Call your visiting teachers - or contact your relief society president. Ask them if anyone would be willing to help you around the house - watch the kids for an hour or two so you can get caught up on things.
It's always hard to ask for help, but someone in your ward may be wanting an opportunity to serve someone - and you'd be giving them a chance to earn blessings...
Take some time for yourself. I know that seems impossible to do right now, but make time. Even 15 minutes a day - just for you. It will prove beneficial as your personal tank will be replenished and you'll then be able to give more of yourself to your family.
Hang in there!! I'm rooting for you!
Post a Comment