I can't upload photos. Really, I can't. Apparently I've used up all my memory (GB). I didn't realize that was even possible. I suppose it happened because I've started using Picassa (which I love!), I just didn't know that by using this Google-sponsored product my GB would be limited.
So, until I buy more space, which probably won't be until January (sorry guys, money is always tight), no more pictures.
Without further ado, this is our picture-less update.
Andrew
I can't believe how big and how little he is. He has started standing in the middle of the room, without my support, but still refuses to walk to either Ben or me. But, his language has exploded! He now talks all the time. I recognize like -10% of his words, but still. He's talking. Have I mentioned how much I adore his voice? Because I do. He has the cutest little baby voice.
When I sit on the floor, Andrew enjoys tackling me. He climbs up my chest, hits/rubs my face, and kisses my cheeks, lips, and nose. It makes me feel special.
He is sick, again. He threw up a couple nights ago and again last night. His nose is stuffy and he doesn't eat nearly as much as he usually does.
When he sees Ben, he immediately starts squealing, "Daddy! Daddy!" He then points to him and yells something that I can't understand but makes me smile all the same.
I know I've said this before, but he loves me. It makes me feel all tingly inside to know I've got this guy who absolutely needs me.
Emily
My wild child. She is the life of the party--when we decide to brave parties, that is. Good grief, I love this girl.
She has the beautiful curls that frame her face and her sparkling blue eyes. She has this smile, (oh! her smile!) that makes her look both mischievous and joyful. Her cute, red lips and rosy, red cheeks, that I can't help but kiss. She only lets me kiss her, though, after I've kissed Andrew ("No! Andy kisses!") and/or Ben ("Daddy kisses!"). Her hair tends to look like a messy mop unless I put it up in a pony tail, but these days she cries each and every time I touch her hair so I've been more lax about her current hairstyles. I still think she's cute. ; )
She has this bear that she carries around with her. (Ben and I have named him "Jeff" as a tribute to her favorite character on The Wiggles.) He must do everything she does.
"Bear sleepy! Bear go in crib!" "Bear is hungry!" (As she straps him into her booster seat.) "Bear is hurt. Kiss bear!" "Bear go poo on toilet (i.e Bear needs to go potty)" (plops him down on the toilet). "Bear get dressed! (Bear needs to get dressed!) Socks! Shoes! Dress!" (Yes, I do get him dressed. I haven't captured a picture yet, but I have not given up hope.)
So cute. I love her bear because he helps her get through things that she is sort of confused about. I don't like the hints, though, about potty training.
Yeah, about that...I refuse to even attempt potty training. Ben thinks she's ready. She might be. But I'm not. Hey, if any of you want to come do this for me, you are welcome. Until then, she will remain a non-potty trained toddler.
Which leads me to her binky. She loves her binky (pacifier). I tried to dispose of it before Andrew was born, until I realized that she would need the comfort of her binky to adjust to his birth. I figured I had time. Um, now she's even more attached. I don't really care. It might affect her teeth but, heck, she's probably going to have braces anyway! If it makes her feel better, I just don't see the problem. Hey, you don't see kids taking binkies to school with them. She'll get rid of it...eventually.
Ben and Amber
Ben is working all the time. When he is home, we do not leave because we want to savor those few minutes together as a family. I hesitate to invite people over or do anything else because, hey, the kids and I need our time with him, you know!
We might have made our final choice regarding a medical school. But, I'm holding out until next week to make any formal announcement.
Well...that's all I have time for. I suppose if you have any questions you could leave a comment or something.
Love,

So, until I buy more space, which probably won't be until January (sorry guys, money is always tight), no more pictures.
Without further ado, this is our picture-less update.
Andrew
I can't believe how big and how little he is. He has started standing in the middle of the room, without my support, but still refuses to walk to either Ben or me. But, his language has exploded! He now talks all the time. I recognize like -10% of his words, but still. He's talking. Have I mentioned how much I adore his voice? Because I do. He has the cutest little baby voice.
When I sit on the floor, Andrew enjoys tackling me. He climbs up my chest, hits/rubs my face, and kisses my cheeks, lips, and nose. It makes me feel special.
He is sick, again. He threw up a couple nights ago and again last night. His nose is stuffy and he doesn't eat nearly as much as he usually does.
When he sees Ben, he immediately starts squealing, "Daddy! Daddy!" He then points to him and yells something that I can't understand but makes me smile all the same.
I know I've said this before, but he loves me. It makes me feel all tingly inside to know I've got this guy who absolutely needs me.
Emily
My wild child. She is the life of the party--when we decide to brave parties, that is. Good grief, I love this girl.
She has the beautiful curls that frame her face and her sparkling blue eyes. She has this smile, (oh! her smile!) that makes her look both mischievous and joyful. Her cute, red lips and rosy, red cheeks, that I can't help but kiss. She only lets me kiss her, though, after I've kissed Andrew ("No! Andy kisses!") and/or Ben ("Daddy kisses!"). Her hair tends to look like a messy mop unless I put it up in a pony tail, but these days she cries each and every time I touch her hair so I've been more lax about her current hairstyles. I still think she's cute. ; )
She has this bear that she carries around with her. (Ben and I have named him "Jeff" as a tribute to her favorite character on The Wiggles.) He must do everything she does.
"Bear sleepy! Bear go in crib!" "Bear is hungry!" (As she straps him into her booster seat.) "Bear is hurt. Kiss bear!" "Bear go poo on toilet (i.e Bear needs to go potty)" (plops him down on the toilet). "Bear get dressed! (Bear needs to get dressed!) Socks! Shoes! Dress!" (Yes, I do get him dressed. I haven't captured a picture yet, but I have not given up hope.)
So cute. I love her bear because he helps her get through things that she is sort of confused about. I don't like the hints, though, about potty training.
Yeah, about that...I refuse to even attempt potty training. Ben thinks she's ready. She might be. But I'm not. Hey, if any of you want to come do this for me, you are welcome. Until then, she will remain a non-potty trained toddler.
Which leads me to her binky. She loves her binky (pacifier). I tried to dispose of it before Andrew was born, until I realized that she would need the comfort of her binky to adjust to his birth. I figured I had time. Um, now she's even more attached. I don't really care. It might affect her teeth but, heck, she's probably going to have braces anyway! If it makes her feel better, I just don't see the problem. Hey, you don't see kids taking binkies to school with them. She'll get rid of it...eventually.
Ben and Amber
Ben is working all the time. When he is home, we do not leave because we want to savor those few minutes together as a family. I hesitate to invite people over or do anything else because, hey, the kids and I need our time with him, you know!
We might have made our final choice regarding a medical school. But, I'm holding out until next week to make any formal announcement.
Well...that's all I have time for. I suppose if you have any questions you could leave a comment or something.
Love,

4 comments:
Yeah, my mom thinks Camie is ready to try potty training again, but after the last HORRIBLEness of trying over the summer, I am not ready. I don't care if Camie is, I'm not.
I figure, do it when the mom is ready! Because it's a lot of work for the mom.
We love you blogs -- just because we don't comment very often doesn't mean that we don't care... We LOVE the blogs!!! If you can't be here, at least we can get a tiny window into your lives. Thank you for all the effort you go through to keep us updated. Very generous darling girl:) GGMel
Potty training is overrated--it all gets undone in about 80 years anyway, haha!
Andrew starts talking, and I'll bet (like Henry and Ben) he'll keep talking non-stop til he's about 15! Love it!
Dreadlocks for Emily? just a thought...
Lastly, I'll understand if you don't come to Oregon for med school, though I cry myself to sleep every night at the thought (not!) We'll always find a way to get together, and good choices now pay off big later, not that I need to tell you this.
Love you guys--Merry Christmas to you all, Aunt Sway
Hey if you need more gb just delete some albums on your picasa or delete some old pictures from your first posts. That's what I thought I would do so that I don't have to pay! Man y'all seem busy. I'm excited to hear what school.
Post a Comment