Header

Header

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fighting the blues and other random thoughts.

I should be packing for a trip we are leaving on in the next couple days.
I should be washing the dishes.
I should be folding laundry.
Instead, I'm ignoring all that and writing.  A good solution, eh?

_____

Our house is cold.  C-O-L-D.  If it's not cold, which is rare, it is boiling hot.  Annoying.  
When I am cold, I find it hard to do anything.  Yeah, how am I going to survive the Midwest again?

_____

Emily talks all. the. time.  It's really funny.  Yesterday she said some particularly entertaining things.

When I was talking on the phone she said, "Mom! Get off [the] phone! Read book!"  

After I picked Andrew up out of the bathtub I turned around to find Emily already out and wrapped in a towel.  She said, "I'm okay, Mom."  Alrighty then.

When she falls or something she'll tell me, "Mom! I hurt my knee."  After I snuggle her, she'll say, "I'm all better."  

She likes to bring her stuffed animals with her everywhere.  Yesterday her little sheep sat at the table and she told me, "Mom! Sheep wants to eat!"

_____

I don't think I'd feel so crappy if I could actually sleep.  It feels really awful to wake up at 3 in the morning practically every other night and finally fall back to sleep at like 6 am.  Eck.

_____

These are some videos from the past week.

This is of Andrew walking.  He has chocolate all over his face, in case you were wondering.


This one is of Emily dancing to The Wiggles.


I have a few others but Blogger won't let me upload them.  Rude.

_____

Have I sung praises of Ben lately?  No?  Well shame on me.  He is just amazing.  I am so proud of him for getting accepted to ALL the schools he interviewed at and for working two jobs for our family.  He is so busy but he rarely complains about feeling tired.  
When I grow up, I want to be like him.


3 comments:

Kristen said...

My kids always have stuff all over their faces.

What cute little toddling! And what cute little waltz-dancing! I've never seen one so little do something so grown-up - so awesome! Go Emily!

Tyler and Carisa said...

I love the videos.

I love that you are ignoring packing (cause it's the worst).

I love that you guys have had the opportunity to choose which school to attend!

I love this post!

Jamie said...

He is a cute little walker!