I realize "party" and "funeral" seems a bit oxymoronic, but in the case of my grandmother's funeral it is the best way to describe the family coming together to celebrate her life.
I really wasn't sad to hear of my grandmother's passing--she had been suffering for years and years--but I did mourn that my kids will never get to know the grandma that I knew. I have this image of her in Heaven holding the little one we lost (the one that I miscarried). It's comforting.
The funeral was beautiful. Sons and daughters offered wonderful words that properly eulogized my grandmother's life. After the service, the Relief Society provided a very delicious luncheon for all the family members.
The day we left, I finally pulled out my camera and snapped a couple photos. Brilliant, I know.
 |
| The kids with one of their favorite uncles. |
 |
My gorgeous, little sister.
|
 |
| My beautiful cousins Rosa and Kara |
 |
| My beautiful cousin Ally and favorite (and beautiful) Aunt Paula. |
 |
| My mother entertaining the kiddos by playing "The Wiggles" over and over again. |
 |
| My sister wishing she could dance like The Wiggly dancers. |
 |
| Kaden helping my mother while secretly wishing he could sing like the Blue Wiggle. |
 |
| My aunt April with her daughter and Paula. I think Kaden's face is amazing. |
 |
| My aunt, Marla, and one of her grandkids. |
 |
| Uncle Jim getting his camera ready for taking pictures of me. |
 |
| Rosa hanging out with a baby in order to prepare herself for future motherhood. (90 something days, Rosa.) |
 |
| Umm....silly faces? |
 |
| Awwwww!!!! (My dad and sister Katelynn) |
 |
| Best Buds for Life!!! (Brother Aaron) |
 |
| These two are way too alike. |
 |
| Best poses ever! |
 |
| Much better. (Sister Ashley with Katelynn.) |
 |
| Trying each other's camera faces. I think they did so marvelously! |
It felt great being with our whole family again! Meeting cousins I've never met and talking with cousins I haven't seen in years.
The trip home was uneventful.
Except for Emily's attempts to strip herself.
And how they screamed almost the entire last half of the trip.
Still, uneventful: No sickness, no injuries, made it home safely.
A great trip to memorialize my dear grandma, Alice.
4 comments:
Thanks, Amber!
Dad
that first shot of katelynn and i is quite the glamor shot-- if i do say so myself.
Such cute pictures!
I'm glad you were able to spend some time with your family. It's sad that it's usually too few and far between that we all make time for family - life is just too darn busy! So sometimes it's nice to have an excuse to take a break from day-to-day life and spend our time with those we love.
I'm glad your grandma is at peace - and I agree with you... I think she's up there holding the baby you lost, but also cuddling the ones yet to join your family!
Post a Comment