Header

Header

Monday, April 25, 2011

A Little List

Lately, lists are the easiest thing to compile so I'm going to stick with that plan.

Top Ten Happenings In Our Household

1. While Ben was busy last Sunday home teaching, he asked that I watch after his delicious lentil soup.  By the time he had come home, I had added additional flavoring: charcoal.  Apparently he forgot my talent for burning all things foody, which is why he should have asked Emily to take over.


  2. When the weather warms up--a rare occurrence these days--the kids and I walk to the park.  Now that Andrew and Emily are older, they can actually play on the equipment without too much help from me.  
Except for the swings.  They haven't got the whole kicking motion down yet--I'll give them a few more weeks.









3. I think Emily looks like me.  (Not really an "event" but something that makes me happy.)




4. Andrew has started tackling his sister.  He's finally getting her back for beating him up all those times.  If it wasn't so cute--because he's really trying to hug and kiss her--I might try to stop it. (Pictures unrelated to previous comment.  He's just so cute in these jammies.)



5. The kids are learning to sign.  My favorites include "hungry," "eat," and "all done."  I picked up a signing book from the library so I can learn more signs to teach them--it's been really enjoyable to see them sign and repeat the word!  Not necessarily less tantrums, but it does help provide words when Andrew or Emily are upset.

6. Many people have asked about packing.  We have decided to sell/give away just about everything before we move because it would be a whole lot cheaper.  Not only are we moving somewhere new, but we really are starting anew!

7. I've started putting Andrew into nursery.  He's not quite 18 months
yet but he really enjoys playing!  He does fabulous unless he sees me.  Or if he's tired, which with 1:00 church is a very frequent.  To be completely honest, I pull him out after an hour because I miss him too much.

8. Emily loves her binky. I am not even going to try weaning her off it until she's like 14.  Hopefully by then it will be a pretty easy process.


9. Emily has left her mark--with crayon--on just about every wall in the house.  And door.  And appliance.  Magic markers are amazing.

10. Apparently my birthday is coming up.  At least that's what Facebook told me.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh Emily is getting so big.

Bryson and Tara said...

I hear that Magic Markers are miracle workers... I've gotta get one of those!

Your kidlets are so cute!

Best of luck preparing for the move.