Header

Header

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Holy Exhaustion!

Since the kids are gone, I figure I don't have an excuse to not get anything done.  So...the house is void of furniture.  Our beds, dressers, couches, kitchen table, and book shelves have been sold (or given away).  The rest of our existence is cluttering the floors of every room.

Sorting through things and deciding what to take and what not to take is exhausting!  On the other hand, I feel freed as the piles gradually shrink in order to fit into our suitcase.  There is something beautiful in giving away and starting over.  I suppose because Ben and I are not attached to things, the process has been easier.  At the same time, we are attached to memories--and so many things include memories, something that is harder to part with.

Obviously, I have been reflecting quite a bit lately.  Mostly about the kids and their baby years.  Yeah, I know they aren't quite grown up, but both are considered toddlers now.  I always assumed we'd be expecting another baby now so we could thoroughly enjoy watching our kids grow up.  Now I find myself feeling despair as they get older.  Especially since we are separated. (No, I don't want to talk about the miscarriage, but thanks for asking.)

Thankfully, I have quite a few pictures stored to remind myself of what they look like.  And how silly/cute/amazing they really are.

Emily Models
I still only have a few seconds to snap a photo of Emily, but she does like to pose for those few seconds.
Take these photos.  She dressed herself this particular morning--complete with socks and shoes (but no pants....). Then when I asked to take a picture, she insisted on each of these stances.  (Side note: Oh my gosh, she is SO beautiful.)






Matching Jammers!
When we run out of pajamas for Andrew, I look through Emily's things to see if there is anything that he could wear.  On this evening, I found Andrew a shirt and some sweats to wear--but Emily wanted to wear the same outfit.  Thankfully, there were two similar shirts.



Emily also loves to brush her teeth: morning, afternoon, and evening!



And sometimes my search for pajamas fails.  So Andrew wears one of his sister's footies.


Ch-ch-ch-changes
Many a morning, I go into the kids' room and find Emily in a completely different outfit than what I had put her in the night before.  She is especially fond of Andrew's clothes.




Bubbles!
Emily and Andrew love bubbles.  Emily, being the independent 2-year old she is, likes to blow her own bubbles.




XO Hugs and Kisses
Andrew weighs the same as his sister.  For real.  He also really enjoys giving her hugs and kisses (he is my affectionate little boy, I love it).  So...what usually happens is as he's hugging her, they fall over together, giggling. Unless protected by the couch.




It's a box: the new kids' toy
A few weeks ago, we had a box in our living room.  Andrew loved this box so much that he would climb on it every opportunity he had. Imagine his disappointment when we finally threw it away.





Sob.  I miss these two tremendously.  Three more days!!!

4 comments:

The Letterman's said...

the best part about your kids getting older is that you fall in love with almost every stage and think it's better then the last! (getting tired of the 7 year old attitude! ;)

Jamie said...

I hope that your move goes well. Sounds like you have been busy. I know it must be hard to see them grew up.

Mormon Women: Who We Are said...

They are simply yummy!

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

Wow! I never really noticed how toddler-ish Andrew has become!

Have you ever considered homeschooling? I've been idly looking into it recently. One of the main benefits parents express is that they get to enjoy their kids growing up more because they don't send them off to school most of the day only to get them back when they're tired and grumpy from sitting in a classroom.