Header

Header

Monday, August 15, 2011

Little Tidbits of the Past Week

Last week flew!  

Ben had three full days of medical school orientation.

I cut my hair... 

and straightened Emily's.  (Wait a minute...this actually happened two weeks ago.)  


Andrew exhibited his preference for high heels and bags.



Emily discovered the beauty of make-up.


But the most exciting thing happened Saturday: Ben's white coat ceremony.




Although I missed much of the actual presentation, I made sure the kids watched as their dad walked the stage and was helped into his white coat.  I choked up as I thought of all the sacrifices made to get here.

Today Ben officially started classes.  On par with our history, he and I did not sleep well.  Not a very auspicious beginning to a long year, but maybe we'll adjust quickly to his new schedule.

Stay tuned for this week's Saturday roundup. It's gonna be a blast! 

4 comments:

The Brown Family said...

What an amazing week!! Such a milestone... and many more to come!

Susan Turner Educational Services said...

I am so happy for you guys! (and tell Andrew to be sure that his shoes and handbag always match! haha)

Grandma Peggy and John said...

Ben, we are so proud of you; you look like a doctor. The house sounds and looks great and so do all of you.

Happy, happy birthday, Emily.

Love you, Grandma Peggy and John

Jack and Alyssa said...

Looks like you all are having a great time! We would love to meet up with you guys sometime in our Midwest lives! Hey, by the way, i changed our blog address to hepworth-happenings.blogspot.com. Take care, guys!