- lack of appetite
- diarrhea
- rash on his legs, genitalia, and face
- huge sores on his mouth and tongue
- extreme irritability
Enough about me, the poor guy is suffering! He does not sleep, does not eat, and does not stop crying. I rock him while watching the Wiggles because it's the only thing that somewhat soothes him. The worst part of it all is that the doctor cannot do anything. Like the flu and other viruses, I can only treat the pain with Tylenol and ibuprofen--medicines he is currently refusing.
Besides the infection, we must quarantine our baby so he doesn't infect other kids. Something I am sure has already happened. (Sorry about that, friends.)
While this sounds very negative, I promise I am not feeling too upset. I feel bad for Andy. He is clearly in a significant amount of pain. I might be tired, but I am perfectly ready to do my best to help him.
If only the house would clean itself! After 2 unproductive days, the house is a wreck. I mean a wreck. Food, clothes, and other paraphernalia are spread all over the floor. I think Emily has taken Andrew's sickness as a sign that she can do whatever she wants. Gosh darn her! She is right. I hate it when she reads through my parenting façade so easily. (I'm joking about cursing her. It has always been an unspoken truth in our house that Emily runs the place.)
In better news, Ben is halfway done with his second week! He is exhausted but truly loving his studies. I am thrilled. When he comes home happy, it makes me happy.
1 comment:
Poor Andrew! Oh, I'm so sorry that he is sick. That's hard. I wish we were closer so that I could watch Emily for you and give you and Andrew some quiet time together. I hope he gets better soon!
Post a Comment