There is no such thing as a "transition" period in life. A person must either accept where they are at or forever feel unsatisfied. Such is our life. Although we are in school, we know we will be dirt poor for at least 8 more years. Why would we plan for our life to begin when Ben finally opens his own practice? So we are embracing our here and now.
Apart from randomness, we are happy. Really happy. I started working 3 weeks ago, full-time, and must say I feel very grateful for my job. Naturally, there are ups and downs. For the most part, everything is marvelous. The kids are in daycare for about 6 hours a day and really enjoy it. Emily constantly talks about "my preschool" and all the songs and games she has learned. She also tells us about her friends she has made. It's a small place with a classroom half the size of a regular one; therefore, Emily gets quite a bit of individual time. Andrew is picking up complex sentences and constantly surprises us by his language. These kids are so smart and daycare has reinforced this.
Anyway, as our family is constantly in flux, it seems that my updating capabilities rise and fall with the changes. Currently, I am figuring out a good schedule to keep things sane in our household. Eventually we will all get used to the constant chaos we are experiencing. And, hopefully, I will start taking more pictures.
1 comment:
I worked when my first two were young too. I had a gal come over to my house to watch them while I went in the back room to do medical transcription with HEADPHONES so I couldn't here them. It was a timeout for me, really. People told me they grow up too fast and I didn't believe them. It was too freaking hard!! Your pictures remind me so much of me when mine were young. Just keep swimming Amber :) Love you!!
Post a Comment