I'm tired. TIRED. I am ready for the nausea and vomiting to end. Like immediately. It's beginning to effect my self-worth. Not being able to move or read or drink or eat without vomiting has left me feeling useless and restless. This constant bed rest is tough. I want to hold my kids. I want to clean the house. I want to help Ben with various tasks.
But I can't. And that is friggin' hard to admit and even harder to abide by.
After relying on Zofran to limit my vomiting, I had to stop taking it because of various side effects. Unfortunately, that means more vomiting and more nausea. It's hard to make these decisions knowing that I am choosing between two evils but I HAVE TO. Yuck.
Other wonderful symptoms include excessive salivation (or ptyalism) which leads to more vomiting and my inability to sleep for long periods of time. Back aches and rib aches and headaches and all sorts of aches leave me more tired and more grumpy.
Mostly, though, I just want to eat and drink without vomiting immediately afterward.
On a better note, I am 11 weeks today. One more week and this first trimester will be over. I am crossing my fingers that the morning sickness will abate yet fear that my optimism may be unfounded. It took longer with both Emily and Andrew but maybe, JUST MAYBE, this one will go easier on me.
While my previous pictures indicate that I've popped, when I wear normal clothes, you cannot see the belly. More accurately, it looks like I have a flat tire. Eh, whaddya do.
I've felt the baby move more than once. While some may find this impossible, I had similar experiences with Andrew. It's not like the traditional fluttering moms talk about, it's pressure that I know is the baby. With all the weight I've lost, this doesn't surprise me as there's not much room between the sac and my belly.
Emily likes to inform people that she throws up. She does the impersonation accurately, too! It would be funny if it weren't so real. Maybe I'll laugh about it later, when I'm feeling better.
And that's 11 weeks in a nutshell. I'll post belly pics later.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry you're feeling so sick Amber. I can't imagine going through that...
Post a Comment