Header

Header

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Flu (Not Really)

Every day, I wake to flu-like symptoms.  I am chilly, my muscles hurt, and am horribly, HORRIBLY nauseous.

Just yesterday I feebly admitted to Ben that I thought I would enjoy at least one day when I didn't throw-up and feel dizzy, like my head is detached from my body (and not in this world).

However, I know that this sickness is probably a good sign.  We've seen a heart beat and I can hardly function. If this pregnancy doesn't stick, I will be a medical anomaly.

This week I craved mashed potatoes.  Last week it was soup.  The smells of both those items now make me vomit.

Awesome.

So, for now, I am sticking to dried Cheerios and Saltines, but have a feeling that those staples will quickly grow old.  (Like the muddy buddies I bought a week ago that only lasted 2 bites before I couldn't touch them anymore.)

The question is, will I lose weight this time?  And will I ever be able to work out again?  I can't even get off the couch without vomiting, so any type of workout is currently off my to-do list.

All things considered, I still remain disgustingly happy. I think Ben finds my optimism weird as I hardly complain about feeling sick, not being able to move, etc.  I do apologize often.  It's just not cool to watch your partner do everything while you lounge on the couch.  I guess that's marriage: support each other through the hard times and think nothing of it.  I know that if Ben were sick, I would do the same for him.

Anyway, our New Years was awesome.  Ben and I shared a kiss after which I hurled.  Truly romantic.

My goal for this year is to take more pictures.  I am seriously lagging behind, for obvious reasons, but am hoping to still find the energy (and balance) to snap photos and videos of the kiddos.  They are just way too cute to ignore.

And that's all I have to say about that (said with a deep southern accent, Forrest Gump style).  

2 comments:

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

You are one of my favorite people. I get behind in reading my LONG list of blogs I attempt to keep up with, but I always find myself checking your blog at least weekly. Even if I don't comment.

Bryson and Tara said...

I am so happy for you, Amber...though I'm terrible sorry you have to feel so cruddy.