For the past 1.5 weeks, Amelia has cried non-stop from about 5 pm until midnight or 1 am. On Sunday, she started crying during the day for periods of 2 - 3 hours at a time. It's been rough. Not just because she cries and I really can't help her (and DO NOT tell me what I *should* do because I tried everything with Emily and Andrew; I refuse to stress myself over how to stop it rather than just learn to cope through it and keep my sanity and love intact) but because I have very little patience left for Emily and Andrew when they start whining/crying.
The moby wrap has really helped me as I can place her and actively console her (read: walk, sway, etc) and still have free hands to take care of the other two.
Today does mark her 5 week birthday! While the tears are hard (and often leave me crying as well), they certainly don't diminish my love for this sweet angel.
At 5 weeks (which makes her a month) Amelia
-smiles occasionally while awake
-giggled for the first time a couple nights ago (so cute!)
-follows her siblings around the room as they move and groove
-follows sounds
-looks for my voice when I'm not holding her
-likes to be held by me all the time
-sleeps in her own crib for a short time (mostly because brother and sister are a bit overzealous in their love for her)
-eats constantly
-weighs around 8 lbs
-enjoys the "nature" station I have on Pandora
-likes the sound of the vacuum (much to her siblings' surprise)
-endures all the photo shoots and changes of dress I put her through
Emily and Andrew adore their sister, sometimes a little too much.
Ben and I take "shifts" with her when he gets home and he loves that bonding period. Not to mention I sometimes need a little muscle break.
Now for some pictures.

















































1 comment:
Hey there friend! Your sweet babe is beautiful! Sounds like you have been through a lot. It is so hard to hear our little ones cry and not know how to help them! They told me our girl had colic, but she is allergic to soy and intolerant to dairy. Removing those from my diet made a world of difference! (Those are in everything processed, even bouillon)
Each situation is different, but that was a gem of knowledge for me! I'm not telling you what to do, just sharing! :) I hope it gets better soon!
Post a Comment