Speaking of that, her first day was, uh, 2 weeks ago.
She likes it. A lot. She attends M/W/F from 9:30-12:30 and already has met a little girl she likes immensely. Although, she still misses her friends from Kirksville.
Amelia is 8 weeks old now. Her colic is at its worst, which means lots of sleepless nights and napless days for me. Most days it feels like we are living in a tornado of cries, messes, and exhaustion. The swirling winds of all three leave me feeling pretty beat up.
At Amelia's one month check-up, she showed all of us just how chunky she is getting. At 8 lbs. 7 oz, my tiny baby is a chubby baby! She is getting Jabba the Hut cheeks, like her big sister and brother got at this time. It is so cute!
Emily and Andrew had a check-up recently as well.
Emily stands at 37 in. - in the 10th% for height
and weighs 29 lbs. - in the 5th% for weight
Andrew stands at 34 in. - in the 15th% for height
and weighs 31 lbs. - in the 50th% for weight
Yeah, Andrew weighs more than his sister and has for at least a year now. Ha! It's kind of funny when people look at him and say, "oh he's a big 1 year old!" And I'm like, "uh, he's almost 3." And then when they try to pick him up - ha! The grunts are priceless. He is heavy!
Andrew is also hilarious. His goofiness becomes more pronounced every day. Like when he runs around making silly noises because he knows they make me laugh. Or how sings songs with weird voice intonations. Or how he makes silly faces. Oh heavens, this boy is hilarious!
He is also smart. Just like his sister.
He knows almost all the colors (he mixes up orange and yellow sometimes), can count to 20, and is beginning to recognize the letters and their sounds.
He knows all the different types of trucks and what their function is.
He also knows the different types of airplanes and helicopters.
He knows pretty much every Disney song made and sings them with us as loud as he can.
He climbs and dances like a pro. He has no trouble going up and down stairs and is even jumping off of them (and scares me every time).
Books. He loves them. He can "read" almost all of our favorite stories at home from memory. His favorite authors and books include Mercer Mayer (pretty much all of his stories), Mo Willems (especially the Pigeon books and Gerald and Piggy), Anna Dewdney (her Llama Llama series are his favorite), and the books that his Nana and Papa just sent him.
And he is busy. The two-year old defiance has set in. His tantrums are EPIC. Just this morning he freaked out for an hour over a book (I think). Oh heavens! He also gets into everything: the fridge, the soap, the cupboards, my make-up, the DVDs, etc. While it's frustrating at times, I appreciate that he is getting more independent and learning through this process.
He sure misses his sister when she's gone at Preschool.
Which reminds me. Our schedule. This is how our life looks right now. (Adjustments are made for when Ben goes to work as his schedule varies from 8-5, 9-6, 11-8, 1-10 on a regular basis, not to mention he is often working over-time so that it looks more like 8am-10pm, 9am-10pm, or 11am -10pm either Mon-Fri or Tues - Sat)
6:30-8AM
the kids wake up, eat breakfast, get ready, and watch one or two PBS shows
Ben gets ready for work
I feed the baby, do dishes, and every other day take 2-3 bags of laundry down the (52) stairs and across the apartment complex to the laundry station
8-9 AM
the kids play, read books, eat a snack
I'll feed Amelia, maybe start the laundry, pick up the living room. and hopefully work out
Ben will hold Amelia, pack Emily's lunch on days she goes to Preschool, and finish getting his stuff ready
9-11 AM
take Ben to work and/or Emily to preschool,
if I haven't started laundry, I'll start it; if I have, I'll switch it
if Emily's at preschool, Andrew and I will read stories together and I'll feed Amelia once or twice
if Emily's not at preschool, I'll workout and we'll all enjoy stories together
11-4 PM
eat lunch
pick up Emily if she's at preschool
put the kids down for a nap
(If Amelia is incredibly fussy, which is like 60% of the time, I'll stay awake and write, read, or work out if I haven't had the chance yet)
sometimes I'll take a shower
make dinner
feed Amelia like 4 times
4-7 PM
eat dinner
clean up the house
maybe take a shower (for me)
feed Amelia in between everything
by this time, Amelia is generally pretty fussy so everything is done with her in the pack or Moby wrap but still screaming
7-8 PM
give the kids a bath
get them ready for bed: read stories, brush teeth, sing songs
feed Amelia
8-12 or 1 AM
Rock, feed, cuddle, swaddle, and do whatever to calm Amelia
Ben either comes home at 8 or 10, depending on his schedule and whether or not he's working overtime
2 - 6:30 AM
Feed Amelia at least 2-3 times, at most 5 times
Rock Amelia back to sleep 2-3 times
Cry from exhaustion
And that's how a typical day goes.
I know I talk about Amelia crying a lot, because she does. We love her, of course, she just cries all the time. I know that in a few weeks it will decrease, thankfully, it just makes things hard and complicated right now.
Now for some pictures. The real reason for this blog, right?
Andrew showing off his goofiness:
(These were all taken in April and May)
Emily and Andrew playing/goofing off together:
Emily:
Andrew:
Best friends!
Amelia: (Taken recently)


















































No comments:
Post a Comment