Header
Sunday, August 18, 2013
One Year
Development
Social/Emotional
-Waves "hi" and "bye" to people, except for when I ask her to
-Launches herself into my arms if someone tries to take her
-Follows me everywhere and just loves to be in the same room as me
-Likes to snuggle; she lays her head on my shoulders whenever I hold her
-Likes to find her brother and sister when she hears them playing, almost like "hey, I wanna play too!" Luckily, they love to play with her too
-Really likes animals. When we go to the zoo lately she just stares and points at all the animals
-Points at everything! The sky, the leaves, the trees, it's so fun. I'll ask her where something is and she immediately points - whether its wrong or right, I love it!
Gross/Fine Motor
-Isn't walking yet. She stands on furniture, walks along furniture, and sometimes stands for a few seconds without any assistance, but hasn't made the definitive decision to actually let go and walk. She prefers to crawl!
-Can pull herself on top of most things now - boxes, chairs, dishwashers, etc
-Pulls objects out of drawers and books out of bookshelves. I often give her containers to dump because she loves it so much.
Language
-Says "hi" which sounds more like "haaaii!"
-Signs "thank you," "more," "please," and "hungry."
-Likes to mimic animal sounds, can say "baa,"
-Differentiates between "mama" and "dada" -- "daddy!" when she wants out of the crib, and "mama!" the rest of the time.
-Learning her body parts
Miscellaneous
-Eats like a champ. She really likes cheerios, cheese, yogurt, oatmeal, fresh fruit, beans, and whatever we're eating at the table
-As soon as I get home from school/work she races over to me and holds on as tight as possible. Love it.
-Has to be in the same room as me. I have little boxes of toys in every room so I can get things done and play with her.
-Has 7 teeth with 2 growing in.
-Kills me with her gorgeous eyes and cheesy smile.
We all adore this blue eyed imp.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment