Header

Header

Monday, February 17, 2014

Spinning

I've started this post several times over only to get distracted mid-sentence by children, housework, and/or homework.  (Strangely enough, this also describes basic conversations I have with any adult right now.  Stopping in the middle of a sentence does lead to many awkward conversations.)  

Anyway.

Here it is mid-February and I'm finally publishing this post. Go me! 

I'd like to point out that we're in the middle of a polar vortex.  It's been COLD.  I've had to drink copious amounts of hot chocolate just to keep functioning during the day.  The kids, on the other hand, continue to run around in the skivvies.  I guess cold isn't the same when you're under 12.  






After eighteen months and averaging 4-5 hours of sleep each night, Amelia is finally sleeping through the night.  With that has come other interesting things, like nap adjustments and refusing to go to sleep until 9:30/10pm.  Some days I just want to throw up my hands and concede that I'm doing everything wrong, other days I feel so accomplished that I wish to sing from the roof tops. 



Going to evening classes is different. I've tried various things to keep the work load down and open up my days to run errands and play with the kids, but, you know, kids don't allow for flexibility. With Amelia not going to bed until well after I get home, I usually squeeze in about half an hour of homework before feeling disgruntled by the screaming baby at my side and inevitably falling asleep while trying to get her to sleep.  The daytime isn't any better since she is in that needy toddler stage (which I totally get), yet I somehow, SOMEWAY, find time to get everything done I need to get done.



 *****
I made a very basic set of New Year's resolutions that includes cutting out one unhealthy thing from my diet each month (which I can add back in once the month is over).  This has gone surprisingly well.  Last month I cut out cookies and this month I cut out fast food.  Combining that with working out and I feel really great! 


*****
After feeling quite frustrated with the pediatrician I had for the kids, I found a new one.  Amelia and Andrew had an appointment last week and both are right on track!  And I like the doctor.  Win/win.


*****
I've been working hard at getting our house organized.  It's going to take the better part of the year to get things exactly as I envision them, but I'm up for the challenge.  The big goal this month is to make the living room a cozy place since both Ben and I are tired of not having a comfy place to sit and visit with friends.  I'm looking for new couches (well, new to me), a new (to me) TV, and blinds to make this happen. 

Annnnd that's a wrap for now.


No comments: