Header

Header

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

It's a Wonderful Life

On Saturday I finished a two week stint working full-time at my part-time job - to earn some extra money and help fill in when needed - on top of finishing my spring semester.  In short,  I learned how it feels to balance full-time work,  school, and parenting.  By Saturday, I felt depleted.

Earlier in the month [of May], Emily graduated preschool and Ben started a new position at his company. In between those great feats, the kids were afflicted with a sickness that took two weeks to recover from and the sun began to show its beautiful face as the temperatures rose.

Needless to say, May was a busy month.  Still, I managed to pull off another 4.0 semester, Ben is successfully navigating his new position,  and the kids are enjoying the spring weather.  We have visited our local water park twice, the zoo once, and been on several walks.

The next month is slightly less busy as I'm back to part-time work - though I am studying for the GRE - and the kids start their swimming lessons.  I begin my summer class on June 16 and a new work schedule.  The calendar is filling with events as we say goodbye to old friends and celebrate new ones.
What I've discovered over this last month,  more like this last semester,  is that our family handles busy schedules with great acumen as we must quickly decide which events or familial demands take precedence.  I've also found that I am at my best with a cluttered schedule as long as I choose wisely on which things occupy that schedule.

This meandering post is mostly so I can remember what has happened over the last three months and to let everyone know that we're doing well and splendidly busy. And with that I believe it's time for pictures.










No comments: