Emily was blessed on Sunday, October 5th. It was a cloudy day, but the rain had cleared up from the day before. My family came over during the last session of General Conference and we all got Emily and other things ready for the blessing. Ben made a little program up and then we headed to the church. It was such a special feeling to see all the friends and family that came for the wonderful occasion. Our Bishop, Bishop Acheson, conducted the little program and began with a song (Families Can Be Together Forever) and an opening prayer by my mother. After, I was asked to bear my testimony. I couldn't help but feel the Spirit overwhelmingly as soon as I stood up. I looked at Ben and our beautiful Emily and was so grateful for our opportunity to be a forever family. After I shared my thoughts, Ben and those holding the Priesthood, gathered around Emily. Ben proceeded to call upon a special blessing from the Lord for our little Emily. It was incredible to sit and listen to the words that were spoken. I am so grateful for Ben and how he honors the Priesthood so that he is worthy to give blessings.

3 comments:
What a wonderful and sweet day! You have the most beautiful and precious little lady! I loved seeing the pictures of the three of you together! Don't you love being the mom?
Oh April, I do love being a mom! I couldn't think of a better job!
It was a great day.It was so beautiful and bright when it was time to go to the church. I wish it wouldn't have gone by so fast.
Post a Comment