I don't know who "they" is but they seem to have advice on everything. If I moved Emily to the crib ASAP I wouldn't have the wonderful moments between her and her dad at night (captured below). If I nursed on demand I would be nursing her every 30 minutes. If it took her months to smile and coo, she must have gas every hour.
However,"they" also said that nursing can be rewarding. I thought this was just another off hand remark given by people who have never been there. Now, I am so glad I have continued despite the pain and frustration. If I didn't I would not have had the moments like last night when Ben looked in Emmy's eyes as she was nursing, smiled at her and she pulled back from the breast to smile and laugh at her daddy. It would not be blog appropriate to have pictures of that interaction posted so these are smiles that are reminiscent of that moment.
4 comments:
Hi Amber and Ben! I so enjoyed reading your blog and seeing the pictures of your cute little girl. Feel free to check our blog out as well...
We'd love to have you guys over for dinner sometime. Let me know what your schedule is looking like.
What a sweet blog my friend, I just loved it!
Amber your a good mommy, you are the one who will know what your family needs.I love you.
I'm so glad you have found breastfeeding to be rewarding. It is much more easier now than the first two months and maybe even a little later. It is like night and day. I couldn't imagine not having that time. And, yes Emily's smiles seem very genuine. I don't believe in the gas theory either.
Post a Comment