Header

Header

Monday, October 27, 2008

Why I Love Being A Mom, Part 1: Napping

For all of you who wonder, Emily sleeps very well at night. I don't. Emmy gets up every 2-5 hours to eat (depending on the night) and falls asleep. I don't. Emmy has very "active" sleep. I wake up consistently to check on her (to make sure she hasn't suffocated, is still breathing, etc.). So, when morning hits (which is very relative because I usually feed her around 5 am, but my morning begins at around 8 am)I still feel pretty worn out. It doesn't matter how little sleep I get, I can't let go of sleeping with my precious angel. Even when Ben goes to bed after me and wakes up before me, I always have a cuddle buddy. And the best thing is, she does not complain. My little girl makes getting up to face the day so much easier. She also makes napping a little more fun.

2 comments:

Munson Family said...

I loved snuggling during nap time.I loved smelling your sweetness. I can feel it now when I am writing this.I loved all the holding, I just wished all the cleaning and laundry took care of itself.You grew so fast.

The Brugger Bunch said...

What a sweet and tender blog. There is nothing more innocent and peaceful than holding those tiny little ones. I love how much you cherish that!