Happy election day to all! I have many thoughts on my mind today that I need to put down. Lucky you. I don't exactly like any of the presidential candidates, but I will vote for the one who aligns the closest to my values. These include:
1. Protecting the sanctity of marriage.
2. Preserving the lives of all God's children in or out of the womb.
3. Non-government run health care.
Now that I have said that I do want to make one thing clear. I think that marriage is between a man and a woman. Marriage is traditionally a religious thing, started with the bible (Adam and Eve) and has continued through today. It is a moral issue not a civil rights case. This being said, I love those who struggle with homosexuality just as much as anyone and pray for them everyday. I agree that homosexual couples in civil unions should have the same legal rights as married heterosexual couples, I just want the traditional definition of marriage to remain the same. I do not appreciate how I am considered bigoted if I do not agree with homosexual marriage. This is my right to think how I want and vote for what I think is morally right. I want my children to grow up in a moral society, not an amoral society.
I have said my piece. I have already voted (and so has L.B.R.), Now it is your turn!
1 comment:
Those "I Voted" stickers...I don't know what I think about you creating such a balanced, symmetrical piece of art on your child's chest.
Post a Comment