Header

Header

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Every Moment Counts

One habit that can be difficult to break is living for tomorrow. I was tormented with this syndrome from a young age. At 10 I wanted to be 12 so that I could be in Young Women's, wear make-up, and need a bra. At 12 I couldn't wait to be 14 so that I could go to church dances, be in Mia-Maids, and start Driver's Ed. At 14 I was excited for 16- I could start dating, get my driver's license, and get a real job. At 16 I wished I was 18 so I could move out. At 18 I wanted to be 20 so that Ben would be home from his mission.
On January 1, 2007 I made a change. I realized that I needed to stop waiting until tomorrow because before I knew it there would be no more today's. I began enjoying every minute of my single life: my ward, my classes, my friends, and my job. When I went home for that summer before I got married I loved every moment I played with my little brothers and sisters (especially the spontaneous dancing! If you want to see pictures of that go to http://munsonside.blogspot.com/). When I got married and we moved to our ghetto basement I loved it! We were living the dream- being poor and going to school. We had the greatest time!
I must admit that at this time my habit kicked in momentarily. I really wanted a baby to share our love with. Luckily, this was a part of our Heavenly Father's plan for us. About 3 months after we wed we got pregnant. Once again I realized that I needed to enjoy every moment with my husband before we had our little girl. I loved spending time with him whether at home or at school. He is my best friend and the greatest husband imaginable.
Then she came. We have never been happier. Rather than look back 20 years from now regretting wasting my time wanting Emmy to be at a different stage I decided to enjoy every day and stage she was in. I must say that this has been the greatest decision I have made. I don't look forward until she does this or that, instead I look forward to spending another wonderful day with my little bunny rabbit.

I cannot fantasize about a greater calling in life than being a wife and mother. I get to see this handsome feller every day

and spend lazy afternoons playing on the couch with this lovely lady

I love my life.
If you don't already think she is the cutest little thing ever, try looking at these pictures and convincing yourself. I already know.




3 comments:

Eli and Christine Turner said...

Amber,
I have been realizing the same thing lately (minus the baby part). I'm scared to miss out on today because I will run out of todays. At 14 I wanted to be 18 to graduate and move out. Once I got to know Eli, I really just wanted to go to Vegas and be his wife. Since we've gotten married, I've been very much looking forward to moving into a house, having babies and graduating. It's tough being in such a transitional time (with money and career) and to not think about the future, but I really can't stop. I like to plan out details (I cannot stop bugging Eli with naming our unborn and unconceived children). I too worry that I will miss out on what I have now (which I am very grateful for). Let me know how you came to terms with this affliction. It’s good that you posted the blog when I needed to hear it most!
Thanks,
Christine (your sister-in-law squared, or just sister)

The Brugger Bunch said...

Amber, what a sweet and tender post. I just adore you! What a wonderful example you are to me. You are wise beyond your years. Thank you for sharing such sweet thoughts!

Munson Family said...

I think we all suffer from this disease.Getting older has cured mine.I'm glad you've decided to enjoy Emily right were she's at.She is soo cute, and Kaden say's he wishes we could have her.I hope your feeling happier now.