Header

Header

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mom's Vantage Point

Here I am, sitting on the bed looking at Emmy:



It is 10:50pm and she is awake. She did fall asleep in daddy's arms so, we moved her to the adjusted crib that helps her breathe better (more on that in a second). Luckily, she continued sleeping.....until daddy left. Then, she decided to wake up and play with mommy instead.




Maybe she will fall asleep eventually.
I guess that is what this update is all about. Emmy has a full blown cold Her nose is horribly stuffy, making it hard for her to breathe while she eats, sleeps, and plays (basically all the time). Her non-sleeping has influenced our sleeping patterns as well. Yeah, I know that sounds so happy and like we had a choice, the truth is-she doesn't sleep, so we don't sleep. Bottom line. Ben describes it this way: she wakes up at night screeching. Not crying, not even screaming. Screeching. We wake up saying: "what is going on?!" terrified that she is dying. We feel so sad for our little angel, she is obviously miserable. We see why it is so easy to get upset with little babies, when you are running on next to no sleep (with the red eyes to prove it), pretty soon your tolerance and patience runs pretty low. I think this is why God created husbands and wives. When one is down, the other is (hopefully) thinking rationally. I am so grateful for Ben in helping with Emmy the past couple nights, he has been really amazing with getting up when he hears the 'can't take this anymore' tone in my voice.
The incredibly sweet thing is that Emmy continues to give us beautiful smiles. Despite the difficulties, or even because of the difficulties, we are so grateful to have our little bunny rabbit. Of course, I have more feelings, but you will just have to read them elsewhere.
So, tonight if you are awake randomly grabbing a drink of water, or heading to the bathroom at around 3 am, just know that in Utah Amber or Ben, or both, are probably up as well. However, they are lucky enough to have a beautiful excuse for their late night excursions-Good Night!
P.S. Apparently, she just wanted to sleep on the bed next to mommy typing.

5 comments:

Thomas Turner said...

Get better, Emmy, so Mom and Dad can get some rest!

This is Grampa telling you!

G

Jonathan + Jessica said...

Amber! I just found your blog from facebook! I'm so excited about it. Your little family is adorable. I love all the pictures! :) I hope you guys are doing great! Good luck with finals!

- Jessica (Schroath) Tyler

Tyler and Carisa said...

I'm so glad you found me!! It really is the best way to keep up with everyone and see how everyone is doing!! Your daughter is adorable!!

I'm excited to read through all your posts!

Munson Family said...

I guess after awhile you just live without a lot of sleep.I hate when they are sick,but its nice when it makes them sleepy when there toddlers,because then you can get some sleep in the afternoon.She looks very happy to be awake!I can't believe its only a week here. Are you going to be able to come to our Ward once?

The Brugger Bunch said...

what beautiful pictures! I LOVE your Vantage Point. Amber I love how much you love being the mama. Your little one is blessed to have you! I am so sorry that she is sick, darn it!!!! I hope that she gets better quick! Oh, and thank you so much for all of your kind words and emails! We sure love you!