Last night Ben and I were reminiscing about how happy we were when we found out I was pregnant with Emily. Our lives were forever altered with that first pregnancy test.
Now that Emily has joined our family, we do not know what it was like without her. She has brought so much joy and fun into our lives! We remembered what it was like to bring her home from the hospital, how lucky we felt.
Our conversation continued to the events of our day. To set up the scene, Ben and I were sitting on the couch, cuddling, while Emily lay resting for the night in her luxurious bed.
Amber: The Girl was babbling in class today.
Ben: Oh really?
A: Yeah. It was so cute. She was scratching the desk, because she liked the sound, and talking up a storm.
B: Was Dr. Coyne okay with that? Was she upset?
A: Nah. She thinks the Queen is a doll. Who wouldn't?
B: True. Everyone who meets her falls in love with her.
B: I love our little girl.
A: Me too.
A: Did you see the cute pictures I took of her today?
B: No.
A pulls out the camera. Both oooh and aaah over their beautiful girl.
B: I want to hold her!
A: I know!
Both get up and, on tip toe, enter the Queen's domain. Both look upon the angel sleeping on her tummy. They quietly sneak out, back to the couch.
B: Even though we are poor, we are wealthier than the richest couple in the world. We don't have much, but we have a roof over our heads, we are married, and we have the most gorgeous little daughter.
A (softly): mmmmm. You are so right, dear.
And now, the pictures that evoked this lovely, edited (for dramatic purposes), conversation.
2 comments:
I still look at her little feet, they are so little and cute. You are wealthy, and you are all working very hard to keep your family happy.I heard you have some blisters maybe you should take a picture of those to show us. Love ya!
she is so cute! That is totally a conversation my husband and I have often! Being parents is so fun!
Post a Comment