Header

Header

Friday, April 24, 2009

Are you in for a VERY long Update?

After some discussion, the "fairy" said he does not like that nickname. I have renamed him Dobby (Harry Potter fans will understand). He looks like this:

and takes care of the Queen:

who absolutely adores his funny faces:

and we appreciate his help- "oh, you missed a spot...".

We had the added addition of a wonderful visit from Grampa Thom and Nananan:


they entertained the Queen, fed us, and took us to some wonderful places! We were so grateful for their sacrifice to come and visit us (and spoil us). Plus, we got some cute family pictures! This was the best one:

We really enjoyed sharing the perfect Queen with them. She performed as expected (we only coached her a little bit).

While they were here, we heard news from the American Heart Association as to where B. would be located for his research internship. B. applied to work in one of their labs across the country doing cardiovascular research. We very much desired to go to UC Davis because family is close and it is where we want to go for med school but, since I am pregnant, finishing school, and we have the Queen, we felt the University of Utah would be our best option. We had the option of placing our top 6 choices, which we did as follows:
1. University of Utah
2. University of Utah
3. University of Utah
4. Utah State
5. UC Davis
6. UC Davis
Since there are a few labs open at the same school, we felt confident that he would go to U of U. Apparently, the Lord has other plans for us. So, we are excited to announce our temporary move to---UC DAVIS!!! Woo-hoo! 10 weeks of fun in the sun with B.'s family! This does require some special planning. B. will have to leave a couple weeks ahead of the Queen and I because I am still finishing school. My mother has agreed to come and take care of me, uh, I mean the Queen, while I finish classes (thanks so much!).

A few weeks ago, B. finished his coursework for phlebotomy. He is now a certified phlebotomist!!! I am so proud of him!

Finally, I want to thank all of you for your well wishes and support. Thank you for your offers for help. I know that I will need your help soon, and I will be calling you! Get ready!
Am I feeling better? Nope. I have been given some new medication and I will try this out soon. It is in pill form and I just hope that I will keep it down (this is why I haven't tried homeopathic vitamins, I have a tendency to throw up any form of pill). I am now on IV therapy and am so grateful to get some liquid intravenously. I am super tired and feel very low in energy, but am very well taken care of by Dobby and B. I take lots of walks to get out of the house and all of its yucky smells, and eat Del Taco. I will finish by saying that I feel horrible, but am still very grateful to soon welcome a bundle of joy into the world.
Just in case I get desperate, I may take the Queen's cue and begin eating wipes. Very nutritious.


Did I mention that she has a double ear infection again? I know. Horrible. She is stuffy and miserable.

5 comments:

Munson Family said...

I think that cute guy taking the picture of himself should be doing more important things like dusting and dishes and oh maybe laundry dinner....

Thomas Turner said...

Please let an old man share some thoughts:

When a man is blessed enough to be loved as much as I am loved by Nancy, he is blessed indeed.

To be blessed and loved in this way at a young age, is a blessing doubled.

Ben is doubly blessed to be loved by you.

Nanc and I are doubly blessed to have you as a daughter.

We adore you, Amber.

T and N

The Brugger Bunch said...

Oh Amber, I just love you! Good for you to be able to find the good in throwing up almost everything but an organ, lol! Congratulations on your internship, what a fun and exciting adventure! We will be thinking of you all~! You are in my prayers my friend!

Rick and Annie said...

Congrats on the baby and the internship!! you guys are making great decisions in your life and they will pay off in the long run!!!

I am so sorry you are not feeling well. i can feel your pain!! it is truly the worst but you are so right about the sweet little bundle of joy!! hang in there!!

Bryson and Tara said...

Great news about your internship, Ben, even though it does make things complicated. I'm glad your mom will be there to help, Amber.