Header

Header

Monday, April 27, 2009

Name Calling

B. called me a mommy blogger today. I was upset until I realized...he was right. What could I say in retaliation?!? Secretly, I actually enjoy being a mommy blogger-discussing the Queen's brilliance, our school lives, and my love of being a wife and mother. Since this has been brought to my attention, I realized that I needed some new zest in my life. In order to celebrate this occasion, I cut and dyed my hair. I didn't just dye my hair the ordinary bleach blond, I decided to go with a more sleek and natural dark blond. Plus, I didn't just cut my hair in the usual sassy style, I decided to look like Courtney Cox.

Something about getting a new hairdo completely revamps my outlook on life. From this side of the haircut, I can now look at my sickness with more kind eyes: thank you for helping me lose weight, giving me a pasty look, and allowing me the excuse to sit in my green rocking chair.
In addition, I don't look at food with my usual distaste. I now look at it with reverence- thank you for coming into my stomach and allowing my stomach to decide whether it wants you to stay there or not.
I also think that the Queen enjoys being with me even more. She just knows that her mommy is a hottie.
I think the greatest part about getting a new "do" is the look in B.'s eye when I get home. It is at these moments (and every day of my life) that I realize- I still got it.

4 comments:

Bryson and Tara said...

You're pregnant!!! I was just catching up on some of your latest posts. Congrats! I am so sorry to hear about how sick you're feeling. I am very impressed with your eternal perspective and healthy attitude. Oh, and I love the new hair!

Carbajals said...

So you got it cut now? Looks way cute! Hope you are feeling okay today:)

Autumn said...

A new hair cut makes all the difference. I finally got mine cut and colored and even thought that's all that's changed I felt better. Not to mention the appreciation in Matt's eyes definitely helped alot. Feel better soon! I'm glad you got to go to Watabe and that they're helping out, he and his staff are wonderful. His nurse Rachel is one of my favorites.

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

Love you hair!