Header
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Happy Birthday Amber!
So I have never written on the blog before, and I knew it would be a big surprise for Amber if I did. Since today is her birthday, I want to leave a little message and let her know how much I love her. Amber is an amazing woman! I met her in Alaska when she was 15 (I was 19- I know, kind of sleazy). I knew there was something special about her from the moment she walked into my restaurant, but I knew I needed to hold back my feelings because she was a bit too young. As we grew older, so did our friendship. I came to appreciate her intelligence, spirituality, and beauty in a way I never believed possible. I stood in awe at this teenage girl who was far beyond her years. I knew that she was the kind of person with whom I would want to spend eternity. A couple of years after we began our relationship, I decided to serve a mission. Those were the hardest two years of my life because I had to be away from the girl of my dreams. However, the mission taught me a good lesson about our relationship: her absence in my life made me realize that I never wanted to be apart from her again once I returned home. My love for her only grew deeper. Our wedding day was the greatest day of my life: to kneel across the alter from my sweetheart and be united for all eternity brought me the greatest joy I have ever known. Now, as our lives change ever so rapidly, as our family grows and we grow older, the joy I felt kneeling across from Amber in the temple swells stronger in my heart. I once heard a temple sealer say that when you see your wife give birth to your children, you will be tempted to worship her. I now understand what he meant. What Amber goes through everyday to bring children into this world is goddess-like, and I stand in awe now more than ever before. Amber, you are such a beautiful person, a wonderful mother, and an incredible wife. I am so grateful to have you forever. The longer we are married, the more I love you. I hope that you have a wonderful, enjoyable, and puke-free birthday :)! I love you baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ben! What an AMAZING tribute to your beautiful wife! I can't help but cry. Happy Birthday my sweet friend, you are an example to all, we love you!
How sweet! I love you and really hope you have a puke free day. Happy Birthday my sweet girl. Love Mom.
Ben, you make me proud to be your father. Amber, you are beautiful. Happy Birthday!
Much, much love,
Dad and Nanc
Happy Birthday Amber! I hope you had a great day and didn't feel too sick! You have an amazing husband and are so blessed but I know you already know that! Birthday Wishes!
You're both amazing people and we're glad to know you both! Happy Birthday, Amber! Hope you're feeling ok...
Wow! What a wonderful thing to write! I am sorry our birthday wishes are late! We think the world of you two and wish you the very best! I hope you had a wonderful birthday Amber!
Post a Comment