Header

Header

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Missed the Queen?


I know that all of you missed Emily. Don't worry, she is still the Queen and we are her loyal subjects. Now, however, she not only makes noises to let us know what she wants/needs, she will crawl to wherever or whomever she wants. I will put her on the floor while I am doing homework or cooking to free up my hands. She will immediately crawl to my legs and attach herself to them until I pick her up. This is both precious and difficult! I love that she now shows me when she wants me, I just feel even more guilty when I cannot always pick her up and hold her!

Holding her is a story all on its own. She does not really want us to hold her and snuggle, but wants to eat the book we are reading, scratch our faces, pull our hair, and other exciting things. I want her to be happy, I just don't desire the scars from her scratching. She is so stinking smart and curious. She wants to play with us when we have something she would like to eat. She knows what she wants and will do whatever it takes to get it.

Emily's intelligence amazes us everyday. She taught herself to stand up a few weeks ago, and now stands with everything! Stairs, chairs, our couch, and her crib. We will go in at night if she is crying and find her standing, waiting for us to come and rescue her. Amusing.



Her motor development is incredible to observe! Emily is so smart and quickly figures out how to solve problems (like crawling through tight spaces). We love to play with her and filled with joy everyday.





Sometimes being a parent can be frustrating. It is demanding and I am "on-duty" for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I am gaining more knowledge every day but often feel incompetent and foolish. Mothering is a humbling process.

Despite these downs, I have far too many blessings to count. With every experience I am learning a little bit more about our family dance. Every new stage is a journey. I love, love, love every moment. Thank you, Emily, for helping me on my way to perfection!

5 comments:

Eli and Christine Turner said...

Thank you for the prayers. I can't tell you how much I appreciate them. Miss Queen is adorable. I don't know much about child development, but she seems very bright to me. She'll be getting a perfect score on the SAT's in no time! It's great finding out how strong you can be when your life is impossible (yours more than mine- I leave my cat home alone all day without worrying a bit).

Thomas Turner said...

Thanks so much for this post. It whets our appetitites to see you all, as if we can be more excited than we are!!

Grampa and Nananan

Munson Family said...

sucker. she is way to darn spoiled. treat her like a kid not a queen. even though she is cute, but that is not an excuse. LOVE Austin Munson and Aaron Yetti

Thomas Turner said...

Dear Emily,

Nananan and Grampa are coming to see you on Monday. We are just so excited to see you! You are growing up so quickly we will treasure every moment with you. PLUS we will have presents for you and your mom and dad.

Be sure to thank your mom and dad for working so hard, and your mom for putting your pretty face on your blog.

See you Monday,

Grampa T

The Brugger Bunch said...

Oh my friend, what a wonderful mama you are! Truly, I am not sure how you are mama, wife, student, cook, etc. etc. etc. You do it all with grace and finesse, my cute friend!!!! I absolutely love your humility though! I don't think that any of us EVER know what we are doing, lol! We just fake it until something comes a little easier, than we get something new and harder to do and we once again have to fake it, lol! You are doing an amazing job, and your little Queen is more stunning every day! We are sure thinking about you, and I am praying that all will go well for your last few weeks of school! Love you all!