I grew up believing that I could do anything, be anyone, achieve the impossible.
I married young, became pregnant, had a baby, and am now finishing my degree.
I am asked on a consistent basis: is it hard, being a mom and going to school? Many find this task impossible. Careful juggling has made this transition smooth for us.
We have some rocky times.
Take these last few weeks.
I had a few writing assignments due, a portfolio to complete, and many hours of internship to catch up on.
I fell ill. Not only did I fall ill, Emily fell ill. B had difficult tests to take, and I needed to shoulder most of the parental responsibilities. Our adapter broke. Then, our computer broke.
Life was and has been a mess.
But, we were able to get a computer today. Our fairy has helped with the household chores. B. finished his tests and I finished my various assignments.
I think that knowing the semester is almost over has made the stressors much easier to bear. Our last day of class is next Tuesday, and finals begin soon after. We will finally be able to breathe.
Trials come and go and I still believe in my childhood fantasy of doing whatever I want, being whoever I want to be, and accomplishing the impossible.
I would say that with this semester almost over, I have pretty much achieved the impossible.
For now, I am focusing on studying for my last midterm (right before the final, crazy eh?) and completing my internship hours. I feel greatly blessed that my health has stabilized and that I have a wonderful husband who takes care of me and the Queen when we most need him.
3 comments:
You are awesome, Amber! You have a great attitude a lot of determination. I look up to you!
I'm beginning to think you are superwoman. :) Good luck with finals and all that! We will definitely have to play when the semester is over!
you suck. i could do that in my sleep. it is embarrassing. LOVE Austin Munson and Aaron Yetti
Post a Comment