1. Get pregnant.
2. Feel so nauseous that you abhor all types of food.
3. Strengthen your abdominal muscles by throwing up all the food that you do eat--especially healthy foods. This helps limit calorie intake, on a good day I keep down less than 200 calories.
4. Get I.V. fluids one to three times a week.
5. Continue the diet for 20++ weeks.
This diet is called the anorexia/bulimia*** diet. I know that you are dying to try it out today. I wish you luck.
***I am in no way making light of those who do suffer with anorexia/bulimia tendencies. This is my way of making light of my unfortunate plight.
The beautiful spring weather has been tempting me to take pictures of the Queen outside. I attempted to do so today. I did not realize that I had the wrong settings on, so they came out blurry. Oh well. You can enjoy them until I take some more.
I do love spring term. It is wild, crazy, fast-paced, and absolutely gorgeous. I have 8 weeks (half a semester) to do the same work for one class during spring term, but I can also enjoy Provo's flowers, fresh mountain air, and all the other wonderful joys of Spring amidst the workload.
Besides the gorgeous settings, I have the blessing of enjoying my birthday during one the best seasons. (I can never decide which season is the best, so 'one of the best' is always a safe option.)
I had a truly wonderful birthday. While my sickness did not subside (and I ended going in for my IV drip), I was treated like a princess in every single way. I must say that I truly enjoyed B.'s post for my birthday. He truly surprised me! He woke up early so that he could finish writing before I woke up. His comments were so sweet and tender that tears came to my eyes. I sure love my dear husband!!
At the sme time, my mother posted a slideshow reminiscing my existence. Thank you so much!
All the cards and calls sent my way, also did much to make the day completely special.
Luckily, I get two celebrations within a few weeks of each other: (1) My birthday and (2) Mother's Day! In honor of this special day dedicated to mother's, I will be posting a special series beginning tomorrow. Until then, think about what motherhood means to you. I look forward to your responses in the next couple of days!
5 comments:
That sounds like it's really rough- especially the IVs (ick!). I hope things get better during this pregnancy. Were you sick basically throughout the last one entirely?
Gosh, Amber. I'm so sorry. Why do you think the hypnosis isn't working for you, like it did with Emily?
I admire your positive attitude! You're hardcore!
Darn it my friend, i am so sorry! I was really hoping that the second pregnancy would be a little easier! Hang in there, we are thinking of you!
Just remember that your Daddy loves you Amber and it will all be worth it!! I am proud of you!
Amber you have the best attitude! You make me smile! =) AND I love your hair! Let me know if I can do anything to help! I just quit my job so I have time if you need someone to tend Emily! -Shan
Post a Comment